What have you done to your Miata today?

i have only overheated once and that was because i forgot to plug the radiator fan back in and i've gone on a year with the car (and previous owner never changed it in the years he owned the car)

and thankfully the ECU goes into limp mode once it hits a certain temp so i didn't screw anything up

The plastic tanks don't handle overheating well. Form what I've read and researched they like to get brittle and crack. God Speed was the least expensive way to get into an all-aluminum radiator that I could find.

i agree

Ive seen a few negative reports on miata specific rads but for the most part good (but overall reviews for all makes GodSpeed is awful)

She got some "Racing stripes" yesterday thanks to an old guy and a Rav 4 that pulled out in front of me
559853_4938801668773_1413684594_n.jpg

Bumpers cracked and def time for a new rad

Lights are ok but the driver's side is now rotated off a few degrees

Damn that sucks! I hope you got his insurance info and a police report :(

yup, police report and insurance claim filed with his insurance company

more pics
20121203_165530_zps4fc14016.jpg

20121203_165537_zpsb76f7619.jpg

Last edited:
ouch.
me think i need to do another oil change soon. so that will hopefully happen this weekend

Nice drop roy.

Forgot to post that I got my R-speed lip in the mail on Monday :)

Still waiting on the V-maxxes (being shipped from Canadia)

Last edited:
Been buying parts lately to throw at her when I get home. Used FM 2.5" dual exhaust, FM Happy Meal, various seals for the clutch change, used BMW seats (hoping they fit), 180 degree thermostat and a new O2 sensor bung.

Not familiar with the Happy Meal clutch. Details?

I thought you had the FM catalog memorized!

Everything you ever wanted for a serious clutch and flywheel setup!

^This. I'm getting the 13.5 lb flywheel as that is what they recommend for superchargers. I do wonder how much lighter the pedal will be as I have read it is a bit lighter than stock. Hoping it isn't too bad, otherwise jumping between this one and the Speed is going to be that much harder.

Back