What have you done to your CX-5 today?

P2260001.jpg

P2260002.jpg

Nice!

The hood protector barely shows.

Is that an OEM mazda part ?

How much and where dis u get it ?

3M to install ?

Here is what I installed with the help of my brother. We finished up just before the rain started.
523bb5f.jpg

Curt class2 hitch

Was finally able to get the new tires mounted. I'll reserve judgment on their sporting pretensions until I (more likely the wife) scrubs the tread surface of the release compound, but first impression is they ride nicely and are quiet.
General AltiMAX RT43 225/55R19 99H tires you installed are my preferred replacement tires when the time comes. I like them having 51 psi maximum pressure like OEM Toyo's. And I have them on our Honda CR-V and I like them a lot. Please report back your experience on these tires whenever you have a chance, preferably under the "General Altimax Rt43?" topic in "CX-5 Wheels, Tires, Brakes & Suspension" section.

Nice!

The hood protector barely shows.

Is that an OEM mazda part ?

How much and where dis u get it ?

3M to install ?

Thanks

OEM Mazda

$58 shipped from Amazon

Pins and 3M

Also got my hitch on yesterday between rain drops
P2270001.jpg

What roof racks do you have with wind shield? I have Thule roof racks with no wind shield and they make a ton of noise. I took them off because of it. Do you have the same issue, or is it because of the spacing between bars l, or does the wind shield help that much?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

The Cross bars that I have are Yakima. Yes they do make a decent amount of noise without the wind faring. With the wind faring on, its like the cross bars are not even on the car. The car is again very quiet in the cabin, but that all changes with my CorkSport exhaust which I love.

Installed the .FLAC support from the Mazda Infotainment Project. Works pretty sweet but I'm not seeing album art, yet. Gonna google around see if anyone else has the same problem.

The Cross bars that I have are Yakima. Yes they do make a decent amount of noise without the wind faring. With the wind faring on, its like the cross bars are not even on the car. The car is again very quiet in the cabin, but that all changes with my CorkSport exhaust which I love.
Can you take a few good pics of how the faring sits. I'm concerned about buying one and it doesn't reduce the wind noise.

Can you take a few good pics of how the faring sits. I'm concerned about buying one and it doesn't reduce the wind noise.

It would look exactly like this.

The two clips on the crossbar at each end where the silver bolt is has a plastic wing nut on the underside that you can loosen and tighten the faring to the crossbar. The other two mounts just clip around the crossbar. Trust me it mounts fine, and reduces the noise of the bars. I don't even have a genuine yakima or thule one and my aftermarket one is perfect.

The two clips on the crossbar at each end where the silver bolt is has a plastic wing nut on the underside that you can loosen and tighten the faring to the crossbar. The other two mounts just clip around the crossbar. Trust me it mounts fine, and reduces the noise of the bars. I don't even have a genuine yakima or thule one and my aftermarket one is perfect.
Thanks!

So what after market brand are you using, I'm not into advertising brands on my car.

Purchased a 2014 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD Sport Utility from Nelson Mazda Tulsa, OK.
Moving to Hot Springs, AR in a week...

This 2014 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD is Blue with Black Leather Interior and is Powered by Mazda's SKYACTIV 2.5L 4-Cylinder Engine, Automatic Transmission, and All Wheel Drive. This Mazda comes with Great Premium Features Such as Tech Package, Navigation, Sunroof, BOSE Premium Audio, Bluetooth, Rear-View Camera, Cruise Control, Satellite/XM Radio, Steering Wheel Audio Controls, Dual-Zone Climate Control, Power Heated Front Seats, Fog Lights, Parking Sensors, Tinted Windows, and 19" Alloy Wheels.

Details Miles: 48844
Stock#: P6727
Engine: Regular Unleaded I-4 2.5 L/152
VIN: JM3KE4DY2E0352660
Ext. Color: Sky Blue Mica
Int. Color Black
Transmission: 6-Speed Automatic w/OD
Body Style: Sport
City MPG24 Hwy MPG30

Purchased a 2014 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD Sport Utility from Nelson Mazda Tulsa, OK.
Moving to Hot Springs, AR in a week...

This 2014 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD is Blue with Black Leather Interior and is Powered by Mazda's SKYACTIV 2.5L 4-Cylinder Engine, Automatic Transmission, and All Wheel Drive. This Mazda comes with Great Premium Features Such as Tech Package, Navigation, Sunroof, BOSE Premium Audio, Bluetooth, Rear-View Camera, Cruise Control, Satellite/XM Radio, Steering Wheel Audio Controls, Dual-Zone Climate Control, Power Heated Front Seats, Fog Lights, Parking Sensors, Tinted Windows, and 19" Alloy Wheels.

Details Miles: 48844
Stock#: P6727
Engine: Regular Unleaded I-4 2.5 L/152
VIN: JM3KE4DY2E0352660
Ext. Color: Sky Blue Mica
Int. Color Black
Transmission: 6-Speed Automatic w/OD
Body Style: Sport
City MPG24 Hwy MPG30

Nice, they don'tdo that color anymore

Back