What did you pay for your CX-5?

Hey, folks. New to the forum, but have been stalking and learning for a while--thank you all for a lot of well informed/reasoned posts. I'm considering jumping in on the dwindling pool of 2016.5s...I was out of the country for a bit, and it looks like Mazda has pulled their $2K customer cash since I left. What's a fair price (in crudest terms) for a straight up buy of a 2016.5 GT AWD with essentially no options (wheel locks put it 30,825 msrp, I believe). Seemed like a straight $4500 off of that should have been doable, plus any extras you can wrangle. Thanks.

Just got my brand new CX-5 Monday. I chose the Grand Select in Sonic Silver with AWD.

MSRP: $31,135
Trade: $750 ('01 Jeep Cherokee)
Rebates/Discounts: $3,837!! (shady)
Total Before Taxes: $26,548
Taxes & Fees: $1,893
Total Out the Door: $28,441

Just got my brand new CX-5 Monday. I chose the Grand Select in Sonic Silver with AWD.

MSRP: $31,135
Trade: $750 ('01 Jeep Cherokee)
Rebates/Discounts: $3,837!! (shady)
Total Before Taxes: $26,548
Taxes & Fees: $1,893
Total Out the Door: $28,441

Nice price!

So went to the dealer for the first time today. Went in looking for 2017 CX-5 Touring with PEP Black/Black. They offered only the cash back special discount $1250 off the MSRP of $27,855 so the sales prices would be $26,605...I wasn't so impressed with this BUT they did offer to take my 2015 VW Golf and pretty much wash the trade (KBB was going for about $3k less and that's what they were coming in at first but agreed to wash soon after..) Not sure how I feel about it and if it's the right move...what do you guys think?

That's not bad. Not amazing, but not bad. Probably get another $500 somewhere else, but if you got a good vibe from the dealer, I'd go for it.

I just got a quote from a dealer for Touring with PEP MSRP $28,090 and sales price at $24,530. This includes the $1250 cash special and dealer discount 😳 buuuuut they dont know about my trade. And what kind of rates are you guys getting with great/excellent credit?

Last edited:
Well, perhaps I need to check that out further. I have not signed any paper yet, only a deal in principle, supposed to finalize things this week either Tues or Weds.

I am under the impression that I am at the mercy of the finance guy. He is the contact to the banks.

Anyone ever negotiate that rate further?

I had no credit, $12k down. Mazda gave me 3.99 percent, when the credit union opened on Monday, they gave me 2.99 percent.

I'm about 750 score now.

I usually throw out my OTD price and 0% APR with no down rule. The car that I got this week was 31K out of the door. With only 0.9% APR. CX-5 2017 Grand Touring AWD

Meant to post a pic the other day but I wasn't able to for some reason. Just got my two front windows tinted to match the back ones (20%).

a0fbb064c7cacb9659848b5bc83abb2c.jpg

2.89% isn't that bad though.

Given an option of rebates or low rate, I'd probably pay less overall with the rebates at 2.89%

Edit: Of course that's with my tax rate here (or rather, where I bought the car, was very low). YMMV

Last edited:
I've been getting quoted .9% APR at about 3 different dealers and one even agreed to give me 0.0%. I had to clarify if it was through MCS and he said yes... My credit is 800+
I've only found one dealer that gave $1250 rebate, but it was all the way in norcal. He gave me 3.9% with rebate but 0.9% without rebate, so it's better to ditch the rebate for the .9% IMO.

damn that gives me no hope! its insane how much these damn rates increase the monthly payment :(

Mine was an 810 too, they did get the rate down to 3.1% I picked the car up today! Put $4000 down, $7500 on trade so my payment for 60 is $330ish. I went with the 10yr/100K miles warranty. A couple of things concerned me, one was the transmission issues I have been reading about and another is the headlights @$1200 a piece. The finance guy also pointed out the center selector dial, if it is broken off some how, you gotta replace the whole thing. It is a module. That was enough reason for me.

Just out of curiosity, do any of you purchase cars for cash- Dave Ramsey style? If so, did you have an easier and faster time buying a car?

If something was to go broke for sure it will happen during the warranty period. The ones being offered by the dealer is close to $50 dollars per month for the extended warranty. GEICO offers MotorBreakdownInsurance. This is what i got instead and it is only $15 dollars per month. Covers the same thing with what the STEALers are offering.

Back