What did you pay for your CX-5?

If something was to go broke for sure it will happen during the warranty period. The ones being offered by the dealer is close to $50 dollars per month for the extended warranty. GEICO offers MotorBreakdownInsurance. This is what i got instead and it is only $15 dollars per month. Covers the same thing with what the STEALers are offering.

The extended warranty offered by Mazda is $1537 total in cost. It is actually $2000 - $500 rebate + $37 tax. The cost of that was rolled into my 60 month finance price. It increased the price $13 a month. I'm not sure where you are coming up with $50 a month warranty insurance from a Dealership. You might want to read the fine print on your GEICO policy to be sure of what it covers.

PS: I'm not defending the Dealerships in general, they are in the business of making profit for the owner. What I will defend against is someone spreading information that is untrue via this forum.

Just out of curiosity, do any of you purchase cars for cash- Dave Ramsey style? If so, did you have an easier and faster time buying a car?

Dave Ramsey will always recommend that you pay for the vehicle with cash to avoid the interest payment. He would also recommend that buying a depreciating item like a new car is a poor investment for that chunk of cash you are spending and advises buying a used car that has already taken the initial depreciation hit.

The extended warranty offered by Mazda is $1537 total in cost. It is actually $2000 - $500 rebate + $37 tax. The cost of that was rolled into my 60 month finance price. It increased the price $13 a month. I'm not sure where you are coming up with $50 a month warranty insurance from a Dealership. You might want to read the fine print on your GEICO policy to be sure of what it covers.

PS: I'm not defending the Dealerships in general, they are in the business of making profit for the owner. What I will defend against is someone spreading information that is untrue via this forum.

Sorry for my math. It was more of $1800 / 60 months = $30/month . What Geico MBI doesn't cover are regular wear in tear components,,, tires,breakpads,rotors.

Over the past day I've gotten about 10 quotes from dealers in the Sacramento/Bay Area region.

My best offer so far...

2017 CX-5 GT AWD w/Premium Package, Machine Gray, Parchment Interior.
MSRP=$33,765
Sell Price=$29,356 (before TTL)

I'd really like to get it near 28k so that my OTD is closer to 30k. I know that is fairly low but I have time on my side. I can buy as soon as today, or wait a couple months, but it seems that parchment interior with premium package in my 3 color choices (red, gray, deep blue) isn't widely available.

So I'm curious on what you all think, will I have a harder time finding what I want if I wait till end of month to try and score a better deal?

Also, last year the 2017 was announced at the LA Auto Show. You think the 2018 will be announced at this year's show first week of December? Will 2017 prices be affected right away?

Thanks everyone!

What is the manufactures rebate by you? Here in Chicago it's currently $1750, and I'm being quoted slightly higher then you through email so far.
I'm also in the same situation, would like to purchase by March, but can tomorrow for the right price as well.

What is the manufactures rebate by you? Here in Chicago it's currently $1750, and I'm being quoted slightly higher then you through email so far.
I'm also in the same situation, would like to purchase by March, but can tomorrow for the right price as well.

I'm getting $1250 manufactures rebate, the rest is dealer sales. I don't qualify for any other rebates. I've talked with about 15 dealers now and I've only been able to get one just below the 30k mark.

I'm getting $1250 manufactures rebate, the rest is dealer sales. I don't qualify for any other rebates. I've talked with about 15 dealers now and I've only been able to get one just below the 30k mark.

Rather than just getting "best quote possible" you should be shopping quotes. For example this is how mine went down. Keep in mind I did all of this within 3 days and most all on the same day. On Saturday I went to Dealer "A" got quote of 30,500 OTD (always ask for OTD price). After they wouldn't budge, I left. Monday I called Dealer "B", told them that Dealer "A" quoted me 30,500 OTD and asked if they could beat it because I'd rather give them my business. Dealer "B" says sure send over what Dealer "A" quoted you. I then emailed the quote from Dealer "A" to Dealer "B". Dealer "B" then offered me 29,700 OTD. I asked Dealer "B" to email all expenses in writing (get everything in writing). After I got quote emailed from Dealer "B" I called Dealer "C". Told Dealer "C" I wanted to give them my business but they have to beat Dealer "B" and 29,700. After emailing Dealer "C" the quote from Dealer "B", Dealer "C" offered me 29,000 OTD. At this point I called back Dealer "A" who's original OTD offer was 30,500. I told them I was getting it for 29,000 OTD from Dealer "C" and Dealer "A" offered me 28,440 OTD. At that point I took the deal and ran. As long as you can get OTD quotes and shop them against each other, you should be fine to drop the price a couple grand. This was also the last 3 days of the month, I don't know if that effected anything. I'm now paying $310 a month for 72 months for a brand new CX-5 Grand Select. Can't really beat that.

So I'm curious on what you all think, will I have a harder time finding what I want if I wait till end of month to try and score a better deal?

Also, last year the 2017 was announced at the LA Auto Show. You think the 2018 will be announced at this year's show first week of December? Will 2017 prices be affected right away?

If the 2016 - 17 trend is considered you can expect to hit that price 3-4 months AFTER 2018 CX5 releases There is a catch though 17 was a big upgrade, 18 would mostly be moving some features here and there and diesel. So not sure if you will hit those numbers.

Right now 10-12% seems to be the good rate and exceptions are always going to happen. But remember just cause one buyer got 15% off not 100% buyers will.

Rather than just getting "best quote possible" you should be shopping quotes. For example this is how mine went down. Keep in mind I did all of this within 3 days and most all on the same day. On Saturday I went to Dealer "A" got quote of 30,500 OTD (always ask for OTD price). After they wouldn't budge, I left. Monday I called Dealer "B", told them that Dealer "A" quoted me 30,500 OTD and asked if they could beat it because I'd rather give them my business. Dealer "B" says sure send over what Dealer "A" quoted you. I then emailed the quote from Dealer "A" to Dealer "B". Dealer "B" then offered me 29,700 OTD. I asked Dealer "B" to email all expenses in writing (get everything in writing). After I got quote emailed from Dealer "B" I called Dealer "C". Told Dealer "C" I wanted to give them my business but they have to beat Dealer "B" and 29,700. After emailing Dealer "C" the quote from Dealer "B", Dealer "C" offered me 29,000 OTD. At this point I called back Dealer "A" who's original OTD offer was 30,500. I told them I was getting it for 29,000 OTD from Dealer "C" and Dealer "A" offered me 28,440 OTD. At that point I took the deal and ran. As long as you can get OTD quotes and shop them against each other, you should be fine to drop the price a couple grand. This was also the last 3 days of the month, I don't know if that effected anything. I'm now paying $310 a month for 72 months for a brand new CX-5 Grand Select. Can't really beat that.

Thanks for taking the time to tell us how you did it. I am too waiting on the sidelines for the right deal. There were a few previous posts where folks are ready to buy now at the right price. I am the same way and I spoke to couple local dealers over the phone asking for a quote in writing and these folks are horrible about responding in writing. I'm starting to get discouraged and with the 2017 nearing the end, I wonder if buying a new 2018 or a used 2017 would make sense now.

I don't buy cars on a regular basis so it has been a while, plus I'm new to Mazda, but it doesn't seem like the dealers are after me to make the sale.

Over the past day I've gotten about 10 quotes from dealers in the Sacramento/Bay Area region.

My best offer so far...

2017 CX-5 GT AWD w/Premium Package, Machine Gray, Parchment Interior.
MSRP=$33,765
Sell Price=$29,356 (before TTL)

I'd really like to get it near 28k so that my OTD is closer to 30k. I know that is fairly low but I have time on my side. I can buy as soon as today, or wait a couple months, but it seems that parchment interior with premium package in my 3 color choices (red, gray, deep blue) isn't widely available.

Thanks everyone!

2017 CX-5 GT FWD + Premium Package + Dark blue + Parchment

Dealer#1:
MSRP: $32,165.00
Discount: $2,338.00
Selling Price: $29,827.00 (~almost same as invoice price)
OTD: $32,555.54

Dealer#2: below quote he gave was for with premium pkg; he said premium pkg will need $1800 added to below figures.
MSRP: $30,355.00 + $1800
Invoice Price: $29,498.00 + $1800
Selling Price: $27,898.00 + $1800
OTD: $30,473.05 + $1800

Both prices are much higher than what you have quoted. But I am not sure how much lower can I bring the OTD price. Can you guys give me some suggestions? I have plenty time before I purchase. but the need to know a fair price. Thanks.

Pulled the trigger over the weekend. After negotiating with 4 dealers over email I went into my nearest dealer. They had about 30 CX-5s on the lot but only one that met my requirements. Right off the bat they matched the lowest offer I received and then I got them to go a few hundred lower.

2017 GT AWD w/ Premium Package - Deep Blue/Parchment
MSRP: $33,400
Sell Price: $29,000

That's about 13% below MSRP which I'm happy with.

On top of all that I got $1500 trade in for a 2004 Accord with 191,000 miles, bad breaks, bald tires, a handful of mechanical issues, and some body damage. My OTD cost (w/ttl) came to an almost even $31,000.11.

All in all I'm really happy with the price I got and the car is great. Next I'm going to add remote start and probably tint the front windows. It's the first time I've ever bought brand new. Looking forward to taking my kid up to Tahoe in this when there's more snow.

2017 CX-5 GT FWD + Premium Package + Dark blue + Parchment

Dealer#1:
MSRP: $32,165.00
Discount: $2,338.00
Selling Price: $29,827.00 (~almost same as invoice price)
OTD: $32,555.54

Dealer#2: below quote he gave was for with premium pkg; he said premium pkg will need $1800 added to below figures.
MSRP: $30,355.00 + $1800
Invoice Price: $29,498.00 + $1800
Selling Price: $27,898.00 + $1800
OTD: $30,473.05 + $1800

Both prices are much higher than what you have quoted. But I am not sure how much lower can I bring the OTD price. Can you guys give me some suggestions? I have plenty time before I purchase. but the need to know a fair price. Thanks.

You can try negotiating with more dealers through email, even if they aren't in "buying distance". I was getting a sell price of $29,356 from Freemont Mazda in Newark, CA for the same setup you're looking at but WITH AWD. You should be able to use online offers to negotiate you local dealer down a bit more.

Pulled the trigger over the weekend. After negotiating with 4 dealers over email I went into my nearest dealer. They had about 30 CX-5s on the lot but only one that met my requirements. Right off the bat they matched the lowest offer I received and then I got them to go a few hundred lower.

2017 GT AWD w/ Premium Package - Deep Blue/Parchment
MSRP: $33,400
Sell Price: $29,000

That's about 13% below MSRP which I'm happy with.

On top of all that I got $1500 trade in for a 2004 Accord with 191,000 miles, bad breaks, bald tires, a handful of mechanical issues, and some body damage. My OTD cost (w/ttl) came to an almost even $31,000.11.

All in all I'm really happy with the price I got and the car is great. Next I'm going to add remote start and probably tint the front windows. It's the first time I've ever bought brand new. Looking forward to taking my kid up to Tahoe in this when there's more snow.

13% is pretty good. Congrats on the new Mazda!

2017 Gt awd with premium package,

I was just quoted 28,650 + destination, ttl. This also includes a 1,750 factory rebate.

Msrp is 33,465

I think I'm going to pull the trigger next week on this.

2017 Gt awd with premium package,

I was just quoted 28,650 + destination, ttl. This also includes a 1,750 factory rebate.

Msrp is 33,465

I think I'm going to pull the trigger next week on this.

I think that's a great deal! What region are you looking in?

From Philippines

(don't get shocked)

Diesel AWD U$44,000

Gas AWD U$37,900

Gas FWD U$31,000

And yeah. Just 3 variants.
4217d490813b734a9968752ae4e1e72d.jpg
df1426c7a48566534842a2bcb4add8b6.jpg
View attachment All-New-Mazda-CX-5-5.9.17.pdf
16aa0debc6ec46fc8c5c41846c224a04.jpg

My VW buyback is ticking away. Are you able to PM me with dealer name... I was about to pitch these numbers to a Chicago Area dealer who is advertising a $2800 incentive.
Thinking these kind of numbers sound better than an empty promise of a diesel variant.

My VW buyback is ticking away. Are you able to PM me with dealer name... I was about to pitch these numbers to a Chicago Area dealer who is advertising a $2800 incentive.
Thinking these kind of numbers sound better than an empty promise of a diesel variant.
Pm sent

Hello,
Got quoted $33400 out the door price (include everything) for machine grey GT with Premium Pkg. This is with 0.9% interest instead of rebate.
They also throw in floor mat.
Is this a good price guys? First time car buyer here.

Back