What did you pay for your CX-5?

In July I bought a new 2016.5 Soul Red Touring with Touring Tech package (incl Blose, :-() for $29,000 OTD. Taxes were about $2200, other fees also, so I think I paid about $26,500+. Sticker was $30,120.

Purchased a 2017 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD in Soul Crystal Red with Parchment interior on 10-21-2017. Had roof rails, rear bumper guard and wheels locks already added by dealer - no premium package. Dealer is located in TN but I live in VA.

MSRP - $32,810
Sale Price - $29,886
Taxes - $1355
Registration/Title - $60
Doc Fee - $549
Total OTD - $31,850

Purchased a 2017 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD in Soul Crystal Red with Parchment interior on 10-21-2017. Had roof rails, rear bumper guard and wheels locks already added by dealer - no premium package. Dealer is located in TN but I live in VA.

MSRP - $32,810
Sale Price - $29,886
Taxes - $1355
Registration/Title - $60
Doc Fee - $549
Total OTD - $31,850

Nice, did you feel like you did your best in terms of negotiating and getting them as low as possible from your initial reach out? My 17' GT AWD non premium in blue almost came out to your same OTD price. Mine came with roof rails, wheel locks, and bumper guard too. Lucked out because I was able to get them to match another dealerships offer that also included hard rubber mats including the trunk. Located in Orlando Florida.

Do any of you have any good/bad experience with a car buying service. I came across AuthorityAuto www.authorityauto.com today. For a reasonable fee they do all the dealer negotiations. What I don't know is if I'm better off doing the haggling myself or hire a company to do it for me.

Do any of you have any good/bad experience with a car buying service. I came across AuthorityAuto www.authorityauto.com today. For a reasonable fee they do all the dealer negotiations. What I don't know is if I'm better off doing the haggling myself or hire a company to do it for me.

Only problem on their website is "Best deal possible." - it simply is not true.
If you are going to break the discount ceiling - it mostly will be because
1. Dealer has the car for long, its not moving
2. Dealer is about to hit a milestone and losing money on 1 car matters less, getting the milestone and perks from Mazda matter more.
3. Some other situation where dealer does not have Sport trim and sells you touring for same price - it happens.

Just like Trucar is a sham - it takes a commission from dealers, the commission which should go to your pocket - this website seems the same. It will take a share from a dealer and sell you the car saying its the best price. I dont want to give my personal info. If it was just email id - why not but not other details.

If you have never haggled in price then dreaming of 12% off msrp is a bit high - email the dealers and communicate only via email. Go and pick your car if the price is agreeable.

Hi All!
New Mazda owner here. I helped my mom negotiate a 2016 CX-5 a couple years ago and she's been loving it. Due to that, the wife and I took a serious look at the new 2017's when we were shopping for a CUV and I'm happy to say we pulled the trigger on one today!

We got a 2017 CX-5 Touring AWD w/ Preferred Package, in snowflake white (I think it's called). We paid $28,500 out the door after going back and forth with a few dealers. I believe the vehicle price was like $26,0xx-ish.

The finance manager or whoever that person is you have to do all your paper work with was offering some pretty good deals on extras which I am still debating - $545 (originally $899) for the paint and interior sealants, $599 for the alarm (originally $899 also), and $1000 for an extended warranty for 6 years/60k (I believe was $1500 or so). I usually say no to all the extras but we will likely keep this car for a long time and I was probably going to get a clear bra installed anyway so the paint protection seemed appealing. Anyone have thoughts on those items? Anyone buy them?

I might do the $1000 warranty extension IF it's officially from Mazda and not a 3rd party. I'd pass on the rest and get your clear bra done.

I'd pass on them all in a hury. The clear bra will serve you well,but I'd splurge a little and get the entire hood done instead of the first 18in or so,and maybe add the bumper too...

2017 CX-5 Touring AWD with PEP
- in Soul Red for $26,893 +$199 admin fee (MSRP $29,530) + TTL
- in Eternal Blue Mica for $25,993 +$199 admin fee (MSRP $28,935) + TTL

Both seem like decent deals, but the blue is a little better deal.

Thoughts?
Don

New here, but been lurking for a while.

We were going to purchase in March of next year, but they're offering $1,750 incentive through the end of the month.

I was quoted $28,949 + tax, title & tags for a GT with the premium package. Seems like a good deal to me, but who knows where incentives are headed the next few months as well.

Thoughts?

Edit: didn't notice, they didn't include destination either, which is $940, so that brings it to $29,889.

Last edited:
2017 CX-5 Touring AWD with PEP
- in Soul Red for $26,893 +$199 admin fee (MSRP $29,530) + TTL
- in Eternal Blue Mica for $25,993 +$199 admin fee (MSRP $28,935) + TTL

Both seem like decent deals, but the blue is a little better deal.

Thoughts?
Don

Made the deal for the Eternal Blue Mica. Just over 10% off MSRP seems pretty decent.

My first Mazda
Don

I'd pass on them all in a hury. The clear bra will serve you well,but I'd splurge a little and get the entire hood done instead of the first 18in or so,and maybe add the bumper too...

Agree - clear bra including the front bumper should be considered.

Down to the home stretch for buying!

I went shopping on Saturday, went to a dealer that is 1 of 3 I am shopping for best price. Took my black 2006 MX5 as trade bait. The machine gray is an absolute stunning color! I did about 1500 road miles last week and was watching vehicles hard that were SUV types that had grey color and black wheels. Grey is the new black! So they went the KBB route and it was showing sub $5K value. I said no way and showed them an email of what another dealer is showing me as a trade and buy deal.......$7K+ so the deal was sweetened to this, and this price is pretty much across the board among all 3 dealers.

MSRP $29235 Touring with PEP
$27472 Selling price
$1250 rebate
$307 fees
$1153 tax
-$7000 trade
$20682 OTD

One dealer tells me they want my trade real bad and will show more money on the deal on the trade.
I tried selling my MX5 out of my yard and the best offer I had was $7500 and I passed thinking it was worth more. I may not be able to get this deal to move any further.

Last edited:
Back from another Dealership visit, now were talking! I have never witnessed a Dealer get that excited about a trade before, the trade is my 2006 MX5 with 85K on the clock. I took about an hour this morning and gave the MX5 a bath and shine and headed off to the Dealer. Here is the offer:

Sell price of a 2017 Touring with PEP: $27177!!
Trade offer: $7500!!
Rebate: $1250
Fees: $245
Tax: $1110
OTD: $19783!!!

I doubt it will get much better, that is $900 better than the best offer I had!

Don’t know about trade-in, but based on my research that’s a good price on the buy with discount and rebate. You get a little more rebate in your area than I did here ($750)

Back from another Dealership visit, now were talking! I have never witnessed a Dealer get that excited about a trade before, the trade is my 2006 MX5 with 85K on the clock. I took about an hour this morning and gave the MX5 a bath and shine and headed off to the Dealer. Here is the offer:

Sell price of a 2017 Touring with PEP: $27177!!
Trade offer: $7500!!
Rebate: $1250
Fees: $245
Tax: $1110
OTD: $19783!!!

I doubt it will get much better, that is $900 better than the best offer I had!

And you didn't sign? [emoji39]

I told them there was one more person that needed to see my trade and then I would make a decision. My plan is to put down $4K and finance the rest. It was hard to keep a grin off my face when I saw the trade and sell price on paper!

CX-5 Grand Touring AWD Premium Package Soul Red Crystal/Parchment

MSRP: 34060
Sale Price: 32335
Customer Rebate: 1250
Dealer Cash: 250
Loyalty Cash: 500
Total: 30335 Discount without Loyalty - 9.1% Discount with loyalty: 10.9%
Processing fee: 649 (yeah, it's Virginia)
Taxes: 1285.84
Title, online fee, dealer business tax, registration: 125.42
Out the Door: 32395.26

Customer rebates vary regionally. $1250 in the northern Virginia region, and $750 in central Virginia. So for me, best price and choice of vehicles was in northern Virginia.

Back