What did you pay for your 08 CX-9

if you look at the text below in the lease offer it is saying that after three the cost is $19800.00 plus due at signing, taxes and at lease end, lessee will be liable for disposition fee ($350.00).

All in something around $24-25000.00 for a three year lease with only 10k and it is definately not a loaded BMW. None of them comes loaded without put in an extra $5-10,000. This will be around $660 plus tax if you devide by 36.

I was offered a loaded 08 cx-9 GT with 36 mo with 15k for around $530.00 a mo with $2500 down and that is about $22,000 plus taxes.
This will be around $600 plus tax if you devide by 36.

If you want the BMW with 15k a year the price will go up! Also if you should compare SUV to SUV the X5 is even more expensive but there is also a difference between Mazda and BMW, which I would never compare.

Anyways we been over this before and I agree that some lease offers are not acceptable but if you negotiate you can get an acceptable offer out there.
As mentioned before some people are for and some are against leasing.

As mentioned before some people are for and some are against leasing.

You have said this before. My feeling is that it's not like preferring vanilla, strawberry, or chocolate ice cream. It's simply math, assuming it's everyone's goal to have more money at the end of each transaction (or alternatively, spend less money). If people don't mind spending more money than they have to, then sure, there's never a wrong answer.

More often than not, leasing is a poor financial decision compared to buying the car outright and selling it privately when you move on to the next car. Much more often than not. The entire concept is to mask the true cost of an expensive item (a car), and in turn get people accustomed to making a monthly car payment for the rest of their lives. If you can't afford to buy a car, you can't afford to lease it. People just think they can. It's only years later when they realize how much money walked away because they needed that shiny new car and the salesman worked out the numbers so the monthly lease payment just fit into the budget.

I just sold a 7 year old car for $11K; it kept approximately a third of its value over that 7 years; total cost per month including all taxes works out to about $285/month. A lease of that identical car would have been $600/month, all-in. I don't mean to imply that you need to keep every car for 7 years (though in California it's pretty easy to do), the breakeven point is between 3 and 4 years, at least for that particular car.

I agree with you that there is no financial advantage of leasing but in general buying or leasing a car is not an investment but something you need to have to get around town etc but do your homework first before signing the bill.

I also agree with you if you want to keep you car longer than 3 years then leasing is not an option but buying would be the best solution.

Buying vs leasing all depends on your personal preferences.

Personally a lease is just fine for me right now but preferences change over the years.

I think that we all can agree on that we like driving our CX-9!

Deal in the works for a 2008 CX-9 with:
- NAV
- moonroof/bose
- GT assist package (power liftgate, etc.)
- Blind spot
- rearview w/ compass/autodim/rain sensor
- roof rails
- remote start
- mudflaps
- wheel locks
- SIRIUS (dealer installed ... he's quoting me $600 for this but I'll get him to come down from there!)
(I think almost everything except the DVD & towing if they even offer that)

MSRP ~$41.4
Invoice $38,486
I get S-Plan pricing and for some reason I can't quite add up to the same invoice value that he's quoting so I've got a question into him about it ... maybe he's throwing in wearcare & other stuff that he hasn't mentioned to me. So Invoice could be up to $1K lower by my math.

$595 acq fee
$325 doc fee (sounds high?)
($750) lease rebate
Pymt = $590

(would be $30 less if I favorably resolve the difference between our invoice numbers & get that SIRIUS cost down a bit)

Pay registration, first months pymt up front so out of pocket ~$850.

Unfortunately my salesman has today off and he failed to tell me ... is it true that these lease deals change each month? If so I'm at risk of losing the $750 lease rebate, the current money factor, and I suppose residual could change (but doubt it gets any worse!). So I've got one day to make this happen I suppose ...

Is that $590/month before taxes or is it the all-in payment?

If you do get Sirius installed by the dealer, make sure to check out this thread:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123679287

The aux port will be disabled because of the Sirius install, unless the dealer also installs the switch box. If you don't say anything, it's highly unlikely that they will install it (it costs about $120 more).

yes, the $590 includes ~6.3% tax

I didn't mention that my pymt will also include $38 of property tax each month ... saves me from having to pay the semi-annual bill from the city, plus since I live in a high rate city I get the benefit of them using a statewide property tax rate. So my pymt would be $628 with that.

Thanks for the input on the SIRIUS ... I had read about that but would have forgotten!

sorry ... 36 mos, 15K miles

52% residual
0.00132 money factor

I have been haggling over this Doc fee for a couple of days but the guy won't budge ... silly when I see so much latitude in this fee reading all of these posts. Seems like my salesman is not moving on anything since I've got the S-Plan pricing and he says I'm already getting everything at invoice so there's no room to move (which we know isn't necessarily true)

Tell them that you won't sign unless the waive that doc fee.

As for the residual value and money factor, it is set by the Mazda American Credit so not much you can do about.

Hi, I am new to the forum. I just bought a new CX-9 four days ago and love it.

2008 CX-9 GT all wheel drive. $34,655
cargo net 40
roof rails 250
wheel locks 50
1mc moonroof/Bose 1760
towing package 525
GT assist package 2500
dest charges 595

Total MSRP $40,375

I paid $37,024

Plus tax and lic.

Looked good to me so I went for it.

Tom

I'm now the proud new owner of a Stormy Blue GT AWD. (GT Assist/NAV, moonroof/bose, SIRIUS, towing pckg, roof rails, all-weather mats, wheel locks, moonroof wind deflector, remote start, compass/homelink/autodim mirror, I think that's it)

36 month / 15K mile lease

MSRP = $41700
Selling Price = $38174 (s-Plan pricing + 595 destination + 434 marketing fees)
Doc Fee $269
Acquisition Fee $595
Title/Registration $170
~6% tax
$750 rebate
$500 additional discount
Pymt = $561

Property taxes added in is an extra $39 / month
Wear-care warranty (for $575) is an extra $17 per month

So final pymt = $617 per month.

Just leased a Black Mica AWD Grand Touring with GT Assist/NAV, Moonroof/Bose, roof rails, all-weather mats, front/rear splash guards.

36 month / 10.5K mile lease

Monthly payment is $550 (includes tax), $0 out of pocket.

I'm now the proud new owner of a Stormy Blue GT AWD. (GT Assist/NAV, moonroof/bose, SIRIUS, towing pckg, roof rails, all-weather mats, wheel locks, moonroof wind deflector, remote start, compass/homelink/autodim mirror, I think that's it)

36 month / 15K mile lease

MSRP = $41700
Selling Price = $38174 (s-Plan pricing + 595 destination + 434 marketing fees)
Doc Fee $269
Acquisition Fee $595
Title/Registration $170
~6% tax
$750 rebate
$500 additional discount
Pymt = $561

Property taxes added in is an extra $39 / month
Wear-care warranty (for $575) is an extra $17 per month

So final pymt = $617 per month.

I see you got the $750 lease rebate? I did not get it. I went back Tuesday and questioned it--they are checking on it. F&I guy I used last Saturday was a temp that was pretty clueless (no fault of his). The regular F&I guy is checking on it for me.

Signed today! Will arrive in three weeks!

'08 CX-9 GT AWD: pearl white
moonroof/bose
assitance pkg
towing pkg
blind spot
Homelink mirror
Sirius
roof rails
wheel locks
cargo net
splash guards
MSRP $41,645
Paid $38,403

Last edited:
WOW, those are some really high lease payments guys. I havent shopped the car yet but plan on replacing my wife's leased 2005 Pathfinder about 12 months from now. I would like a CX-9 GT with DVD and roof rails. My other option is the Buick Enclave and possibly the Ford Flex when it comes out, have to wait and see.

The most I am prepared to pay for the CX-9 GT is $400 out of pocket per month with $3000 down. That is essentially what I am paying for my Pathfinder LE that had a sticker of $37K and change. Seems like a stretch considering what you guys are paying. However, I drive a hard bargain and can get about $1000 in lease cash from the Ford X-plan.

Also, you guys are a victim of timing. CX-9 is relatively hot right now, has been winning awards. I will be leasing a 2008 model in December 2008 or January 2009 so should help in getting a great deal.

I see you got the $750 lease rebate? I did not get it. I went back Tuesday and questioned it--they are checking on it. F&I guy I used last Saturday was a temp that was pretty clueless (no fault of his). The regular F&I guy is checking on it for me.

My Mazda dealer gave me the $750 rebate, so my monthly payment has dropped to $527 per month, including tax.

WOW, those are some really high lease payments guys. I havent shopped the car yet but plan on replacing my wife's leased 2005 Pathfinder about 12 months from now. I would like a CX-9 GT with DVD and roof rails. My other option is the Buick Enclave and possibly the Ford Flex when it comes out, have to wait and see.

The most I am prepared to pay for the CX-9 GT is $400 out of pocket per month with $3000 down. That is essentially what I am paying for my Pathfinder LE that had a sticker of $37K and change. Seems like a stretch considering what you guys are paying. However, I drive a hard bargain and can get about $1000 in lease cash from the Ford X-plan.

Also, you guys are a victim of timing. CX-9 is relatively hot right now, has been winning awards. I will be leasing a 2008 model in December 2008 or January 2009 so should help in getting a great deal.

Keep in mind my monthly payment of $527 is zero out of pocket, including tax. Add $75 a month to your $400 a month target (accounting for your $3000 down payment), add tax, and not too far off.

08 GT
  • BSM
  • Assist/Nav
  • Bose
  • Moonroof
  • Roof rails
  • Towing
  • Homelink
  • Splash guards

37.5K + T&L

Got 16.4K in trade on 05 Legacy GT

University Mazda, Seattle.

They were OK. Good deal. Tried to spin some fanciful tale to get me to take it there for service. LOL. Drive across the lake for service? During the week? Insane.

Back