What did you pay for your 08 CX-9

Malmskov

Hi,

I am curious to hear what kind of offers you get on the 08 model.

I got this offer on a 08 Touring FWD with Touring assist, moonroof and sound and towing packages.
Color: Sparkling Black

24 months lease with 15k yearly

MSRP: $37637.00
Sales price: $34641.00
Reisdual: 61 percent
Money factor: .00059
Registration fee: $290.00
Down payment: $2500.00 (covering first month's payment and registration fee)

Monthly payment: $500.00

What do you guys think?

I heard some people get 27 months deals too, can that be right?

I dunno, seems pricey to me. $14,000 in cash over 2 years, nothing left to show at the end of it. Limitation on mileage, limitations on what you can install/change if it suits your fancy. Do you only plan on keeping it for 2 years and getting another, or would you want to keep it for 5 years or more? If the latter, I don't see why you wouldn't want to get a decent rate loan and just buy the car outright.

I don't think you could loan the money cheaper and I am not planning on keeping the car after the lease end as I want something else after two years. It is pointless to lease if you want to keep the car for more than 3 years.

$400 over invoice price on a 08 touring model seem like an okay deal to me.

OK, even after running the numbers I still don't think this is a good deal. Check out the attached pic, with the calculated payment being $448/month including 8% sales tax. Somewhere the numbers don't add up. Run the numbers with the correct tax info (if 8% is too low or too high) and see for yourself.

source: http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm

All that said, $500/month + a $2500 down payment for a 2-yr lease is awful high for this vehicle. 61% residual after 2 yrs is a pretty steep depreciation that seems to me more than warranted if the car keeps the decent reputation that it already has. You could own the car for not much more a month. Paying 40% of the value of a new car every 2 years is not a winning strategy for long term capital appreciation, the earlier folks pick up on that the better off they'll be.

Attachments

• lease costs.JPG
    lease costs.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 544
The cap cost is only $1710.00 as you have to deduct the first moth's payment and the $290.00 registration fee and the numbers add up. I checked lease guide myself many times.

The 61 percent residual has been the same for 24 mo with 15K a year at all five different dealers I have asked here in OC, California and the money factor and reisdual value is set by Mazda Amercia Finance.

Second remember you don't own the car before after 5 or 6 years based on your loan terms. The bank owns it....

If you take 30,000 loan in the bank you still pay more monthly over 60 months and you have higher interest rate. So you pay plus 14,000 on two years and bank still owns your car... Only advantages of buying are; no mileage limitation and you can do mods and installation if you are into that...

It is never an investment to buy a car!

Just my opinion but I appreciate your input.

Second remember you don't own the car before after 5 or 6 years based on your loan terms. The bank owns it....

If you take 30,000 loan in the bank you still pay more monthly over 60 months and you have higher interest rate. So you pay plus 14,000 on two years and bank still owns your car... Only advantages of buying are; no mileage limitation and you can do mods and installation if you are into that...

See: Denial.

You don't own your house until the mortgage is paid off 30 years later, but that doesn't mean you don't have equity in it along the way. By the justification above, renting would always be better than buying.

If you owe less than the asset is worth, you certainly own that portion of it. With leasing you own nothing. Ever. The leasing company, whether the captive finance arm of the automaker or not, makes money by in effect purchasing the car, renting it out over time for a higher cost than it costs them to own it for that period. That extra cost is borne by the leasee. If you can borrow money at a similar rate to what a large company can, and in todays market you can, you don't need to give that money away.

Yes, there may be some specific situations, such as cars with tremendous resale value over a certain time period causing abnormally low lease rates, but 61% residual after 24 months ain't it. It's not even close. IMHO it's simply not a good deal in this case. But it's your money...

buying a house is an investment, a car is not...! A house pretty much keeps it value or more.

A general rule on the car market is that a 3 year old car with 40k is residual value around 50-55 percent, try to google it if you doubt...

My lease is 24 months with 30k total after end, so seems okay.

Any way you hold on yours so lets stop here.

I was at a dealer yesterday and he offered me 0 %-36 mos. $655, 3.9 %-48 mos. $575, and 5.9 %-60 mos $445. This is for a 08 gt awd, fully loaded, swapping my 07 cx-7, and putting down $15000

I was at a dealer yesterday and he offered me 0 %-36 mos. $655, 3.9 %-48 mos. $575, and 5.9 %-60 mos $445. This is for a 08 gt awd, fully loaded, swapping my 07 cx-7, and putting down $15000

0% for the 2008? That must be new. Last I checked (few days ago), the financing options were:
2007 - 0% for 36 months
2008 - 1.9% for 36 months

Check out Edmunds forums - CX-9 Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Great deal on an '08

Just put my down payment on a GT AWD '08 that is loaded (Assist, Moonroof package but not the DVD) and got it for the 1.9% APR and the S Plan for 36,900! Total price out-the-door is $39,300 and that includes dealer add-ons such as remote start, roof racks, all weather floor mats and splash guards. They even included the Blind Spot Detector ($175 for the parts) and will install it when it becomes available later in the year.

What a deal! Can't wait to get it this weekend!

This SUV rocks!

Regards,
Gordo

Just put my down payment on a GT AWD '08 that is loaded (Assist, Moonroof package but not the DVD) and got it for the 1.9% APR and the S Plan for 36,900! Total price out-the-door is $39,300 and that includes dealer add-ons such as remote start, roof racks, all weather floor mats and splash guards. They even included the Blind Spot Detector ($175 for the parts) and will install it when it becomes available later in the year.

This SUV rocks!

Regards,
Gordo
Wow, this SUV rocks and your deal rocks too!!! (2thumbs)
MSRP: $39,510
Invoice: $36,300
Purchase: $36,900
$600 over invoice, however, it includes $805 worth of extras:
-- Blind Spot System ($175)
-- Remote Start ($280)
-- Roof Rack ($200)
-- All Weather Mats ($100)
-- Splash Guards ($50)
With 1.9% financing thrown into the mix, this is one heck of a deal!

Congratulations!!

This SUV rocks!

Regards,
Gordo

The BSMS is a factory installe option ONLY. 1.9% for how many months ???

The BSMS is a factory installe option ONLY. 1.9% for how many months ???

While it is true that the BSMS will be factory installed on all GT's with assembly starting in September (December dealer availability), the dealerships are showing it also in their accessory add-on catalog. It appears to be something that will be available as dealer installed option. The only thing that was not know is how much labor is involved. My guess is the hardware was designed for Volvo and was adapted for Mazda and is a supplier issue. I am willing to bet the '08 CX-9's are pre-wired for BSMS (hence the add-on catalog) and will be easy to install (fingers/toes crossed!).

The 1.9% is for 36 months.
48 months was 3.9% and 60 months was 5.9%.

Regards,
Gordo

lease price

Hi,

Picking up an 08' gt fwd today and the dealership is telling me that the 36mo residual is 53% and money factor is .00117(2.8%)

Can anybody confirm this?

I've looked everywhere online and can only find rates for 07'

Thanks

where are you located?......I doubt that that kind of deal is available evrywhere...good luck to you.....enjoy the car with the best of health

Palm beach county in Florida.

They quoted me for a 08' cx9 black mica-beige interior
36mo lease -12k a year
gt assistance
monnroof and bose
towing
auto dimming mirror,compass and homelink
spalsh guards
wheel locks
remote start
roof rails
The dealer is installing the roof rails and remote start so I lose the residual on those.
msrp =$39185
my price $36,700
invoice according to Edmunds = $36393

$521+tax

$1400 out of pocket for first payment, bank fee and documents

Back