What did you pay for your 08 CX-9

Just got a '08 CX-9 GT FWD with moonroof for $27,400 out the door in Northern Virginia. Got the Auto-dimming rear-view mirror with backup camera installed at the dealer for an extra $930 (seems kind of pricey to me).

Last edited:
I picked up '08 GT AWD, bose/moon, GT assisst, roof, Homlink, BSM for $31,599! They tried to sell me Ext warranty for 3K, I refused! Is anyone familiar with the fordmazda warranty? I read some where that it is "Morande Lincolln, Mazda" a dealership some where In Conneticut!

I picked up '08 GT AWD, bose/moon, GT assisst, roof, Homlink, BSM for $31,599! They tried to sell me Ext warranty for 3K, I refused! Is anyone familiar with the fordmazda warranty? I read some where that it is "Morande Lincolln, Mazda" a dealership some where In Conneticut!

What dealership did you go to? How was your experience, overall? Since you're in the Seattle area, like me, I am curious to hear.

(Just picked up my 08 GT AWD with GT assist, moonrf/Bose, Blind spot monitor, Compass/autodim, towing, roof rails for $35k out the door.... Seattle area.)

We picked the above CX9 in Dec 08 at Milam Jeep/Mazda in Puyallup. $32k plus TTL = $35k OTD. Lee Johnson matched the price as well (but was a further distance from me). Pleasant experience. Did all my negotiating online (their online solicitation was $5500 off invoice upfront) and just went there to test drive the unit and sign the papers on a Sunday.

Just bought the 2008 GT AWD with GT assistance package, moonrf/Bose, BSM, and towing for $30410.

It was the dealer demo with about 4500 miles on it. I ended up buying some kind of warranty, 7/70000 for almost $2000. I have had really good luck with warranties, or really bad luck with my purchases, however you want to look at it. I absolutely love the car. Got 3.99% for 84 months. I'm going to own this car for the rest of my life. :)

How much is the Homelink mirror? Is it worth the price? I also got them to throw in the roof rails at cost. Anyone know how much those run?

Canadian Prices

I am looking at buying an 08 CX-9 GT. What have other people paid for theirs in Canada. I know there are lots of 08's still available, just curious what Mazda is selling these for considering that they have been in inventory for a long time, they should be heavily discounted, but my dealer is telling me otherwise.

Has anyone bought one recently in Ontario?

I bought my wife's 08 CX9 GT w/ luxury package 3 weeks ago for $41,000CAD out the door. You should be able to get 1 for about the same if not less. Especially if the dealer still have "lots" left.

Especially if the dealer still have "lots" left.

Lots? My local dealer was sold out of 08's 8 months ago. They only have a couple of 09's left. Sounds like some dealers need to hire a proper sales staff.

The 08's have a $8500 dealer rebate on them and I'm guessing if the dealer is that unsuccessful that they have some left they would be throwing in a couple of $ themselves, so it should be no problem to get $10k-$11k off of the original price.

Lots? My local dealer was sold out of 08's 8 months ago. They only have a couple of 09's left. Sounds like some dealers need to hire a proper sales staff.

Some dealers do, in fact, suck. We went to 5 different Mazda dealers AFTER we chose the CX9, just to see how they treated us. The one we decided to buy from was the only place where the salesman didn't BS us into buying something we didn't want by lying about availability, but instead busted his ass to find exactly what we wanted.

We got our 08 GT loaded with accessories for $32,000 out the door this past weekend. MFG date was 05/08 with 100 miles on the odo. The dealer only had 2 on the lot. The other one was a GT with no nav.

I know this is a '08 thread but that's essentially what we paid for an '09 with 5 miles on it over Presidents Day.

'09 GT, Black/Black, Moonroof/Bose, GT Assist (Nav), Remote Start, Roof Rails, All Weather Mats, Wheel Locks MSRP $40,910 we paid $32,910.

My point isn't to one up you but rather to let people know that there are great deals to be had on '09s if you can't find an '08

I know this is a '08 thread but that's essentially what we paid for an '09 with 5 miles on it over Presidents Day.

'09 GT, Black/Black, Moonroof/Bose, GT Assist (Nav), Remote Start, Roof Rails, All Weather Mats, Wheel Locks MSRP $40,910 we paid $32,910.

My point isn't to one up you but rather to let people know that there are great deals to be had on '09s if you can't find an '08

Daynum.. That's one heck of a deal!!!!! The best price we got on a 09' from the same dealer was 35K.

Last edited:
I paid too much for a "small value car "

Dear owners,

I think I've been tricked by Mazda itself. After trading in my old CX 7 (from 2007) I get stuck with a wonderfull 2008 CX 9 AWD GT and all the options excluding tow-pack and roof rails. But...I am saying that 'cause my CX 9 it's a citrus ( not quite a lemon) but still close.
Bose centerpoint sounds ok, navi takes you on the road without traffic monitoring sys, no day lights, although I have auto lights, Sirius sat radio sucks, on my previous cars I never used and... the last 20 inch rims with dueler tires ( crappy stock tires)
Engine rattles, no quick trottle, BSM defective for the first day that I bought the car....many issues...too many for a 41 k car.
Moonroof at least it's ok and I love the interior design and the black leather , instead of sand leather that I've had on my CX 7.

Overall, I think that there were better deals for a 41k amount but...I will kill the interest and i will pay the car in full next month. At least those leeches from the bank won't get any interest paid.

And the last thing I will do...
I will mod and tune the car to show Mazda a proper CX 9 done right and with passion. Long live tuned cars. Stock car sucks !

I am looking at buying an 08 CX-9 GT. What have other people paid for theirs in Canada. I know there are lots of 08's still available, just curious what Mazda is selling these for considering that they have been in inventory for a long time, they should be heavily discounted, but my dealer is telling me otherwise.

Has anyone bought one recently in Ontario?

I bought an 08 CX-9 GT last November. I paid $36K + freight and PDI + taxes. Mazda was having a big cash discount back then (maybe still do), and I negotiated them down a bit more.

Last edited:
Dear owners,

And the last thing I will do...
I will mod and tune the car to show Mazda a proper CX 9 done right and with passion. Long live tuned cars. Stock car sucks !

Keep us posted on the progress if you mod it. I am in the same camp as you are with it comes to being stock.

Back