Washington Meet Anyone?

Had an awsome meet today that I mension above. Got to drive some amazing twisty's then went back to my place where Leo pretened to be a lousy poker player then devoured us like a baby harp seel. lol j/k Leo BTW your nick name rocks! GO NINJA TURTLES! lol anyway here are a couple pictures of the meet for you all, I never got to take any picks while we were at Arrow Point dangit!

bd1c4d0fc094.jpg

5130ae4c00f4.jpg

e73c7aa0779c.jpg

So Sam and Leo, we will have to do this again soon. Do the drive around the whole lake next time, make a day out of it.

Yeah that was alot of fun. We'll definately have to do it again sometime. Hopefully it won't be near freezing with 30mph wind gusts next time. =P Oh, btw it looks like the rallyX for next weekend is cancelled like I was expecting it to be. =( But April and autoX season is just around the corner, so we'll all have to go lay the smack down come spring time! =)

sam1 said:
Yeah that was alot of fun. We'll definately have to do it again sometime. Hopefully it won't be near freezing with 30mph wind gusts next time. =P Oh, btw it looks like the rallyX for next weekend is cancelled like I was expecting it to be. =( But April and autoX season is just around the corner, so we'll all have to go lay the smack down come spring time! =)

Fo shizzle my nizzle! Those suby guys will never know what hit'em(enguard)
That will give me some time to put some more work into my car. Setting a goal to get my bumper fixed, get a carbon fiber grille, kartboy exhaust hangers and shifter bushings, and possibly some headers by then.

Last edited:
That was a badass adventure! We definetly need to do the whole lake route. Maybe start at like 11, stop and eat lunch @ Carlin Bay, continue on around the lake taking pics/video as we go and be back in cda for dinner. Lemme know when you guys want to plan it. Maybe we can do a round of poker while we discuss it (rlaugh) See you guys later and let me know if you need any help with anything.

BTW - the MSP goes in for the ecu flash on Wednesday (drive) Then I can have some of teh boost!

Cool, Yah we should do it as soon as we get some warm sunny weather. Where are you getting your ECU flashed?? I am wondering if they would tune my ecu to better accommidate my CAI, exhaust, and headers(for when I do finally get some).

mazdaspeed777 said:
Cool, Yah we should do it as soon as we get some warm sunny weather. Where are you getting your ECU flashed?? I am wondering if they would tune my ecu to better accommidate my CAI, exhaust, and headers(for when I do finally get some).

I wouldn't trust PF Mazda to do ANY tuning on my car, too many bad experiences with them. If you want to squeeze every little bit out of the engine, I would go with an mpi or similar piggyback. I've been thinking about getting one for a while, but I'm just not sure what I want to do with the car. I've been back and forth between NA, turbo, or possibly an engine swap, but I don't want to do anything until I finally make up my mind. But I think if you're planning on staying NA, then the mpi would let you tune your fuel and timing much better than an ecu reflash ever could.

But anyways, I'm game for another run. I think a tour around Hayden lake would be a fun drive, and it's only like 45 minutes instead of 4.5 hours. =) But I love to drive, so I'm down for whatever. Now we just need some decent weather. Come on spring time! I'm ready for some sunshine for a change.

Last edited:
Its a simple warranty job, otherwise I do all the work on my own vehicles. This is something that I would have to go buy $500 in tools to use it just once. Not really worth it to strike out on my own lol. 777, you could buy the unichip. I have readt throughout the forum that that thing kicks ass, althought, I'm not sure if it is for the naturally aspirated mazdas. It's worth looking into, as its retunable as you gain mods.

Yah I will most likely be NA for a while till I get enough money to dump into a turbo and all the upgrades that follow. The unichip would be quite spendy for me even for a used one, how much does an mpi or piggyback usually run??

i think you can pickup an mpi for ~$500. Kinda spendy up front, but the best bang-for-the-buck imo. I'm sure you could pull an extra 15-20hp with the right timing and a good map. You wont get 15hp from any other single mod while N/A. If you think of it not only as 15hp, but more like a 10% + increase in power, it sounds a bit more substantial, plus it alows you to use all your current mods to their full potential.

yep, what he said.

Got the boost problem fixed today =D I'm happy witht he results. Also, I found out how to adjust the sensitivity of the factory alarm, so no more waking up at 2 am to run out and shut it off after a vehicle with loud exhaust passes.

(band2)

Last edited:
Hey cats, westside it up, I'm potentially relocating sometime here, and eitherway, I've been over on that side'a the hills WAAY toomuch recently. DAMN I see alotta p5's and such in seattle.

anyway, whenever anyone is down, I'll generally be ready to accept the excuse

aahhhh! we lost another inland NW guy to the westsiders. =( j/k man, Seattle is a really nice area, I just enjoy my sunshine too much to spend more than a few days in rain-city. =) But once the passes aren't so nasty we should definately get something going.

Well, it's all up in the air at the moment, nothing settled at all, but there is, indeed a fairly serious possibility that it may happen.

Poseur said:
Well, it's all up in the air at the moment, nothing settled at all, but there is, indeed a fairly serious possibility that it may happen.

So that filtrona place didnt work out then? OR are they transfering you? Was that you behind me on Lincon?

Well you got another car to add to the list when there is a meet. I really want to start doing auto-x this year too so it would be cool to get a big mazda group together for that.

Back