US Diesel's big splash introduction

? You don't?

Haha

Funny. I rebuild the power steering pump on my Acura a few months back. Sad when a newly learned skill is already obsolete :(

I am looking forward to not having to worry about a timing belt.

Nor the gas so you're covered either way:)
One of the few cars I've owned that I can easily see going big mileage in (150+) A/C and lifetime tranny fluid are primary concerns that could prevent.

Last edited:
Nor the gas so you're covered either way:)
One of the few cars I've owned that I can easily see going big mileage in (150+) A/C and lifetime tranny fluid are primary concerns that could prevent.

I plan on doing regular drain and fill for transmission fluid. That looks very straightforward. I've had good luck with A/C in the past, hope it continues. Is Mazda more prone to fail, or more expensive to repair?

I'm more concerned about the various electronic technology.

? You don't?

I did. I was merely pointing out the DEF thing for the diesel Xeler8ing and I were discussing I'm a different topic. [emoji1]

I plan on doing regular drain and fill for transmission fluid. That looks very straightforward. I've had good luck with A/C in the past, hope it continues. Is Mazda more prone to fail, or more expensive to repair?

I'm more concerned about the various electronic technology.

There's this method of changing the automatic transmission fluid here called "dialysis".

Nothing here
Here.
a5e5685edf8e518e37b735f0bf4bc2d5.jpg

So, one thing I've been wondering is what happens when you drive into a Jiffy Lube with a Diesel CX-5? Will that go well or is an oil change now a do-it-at-home thing / go to the dealer thing?

So, one thing I've been wondering is what happens when you drive into a Jiffy Lube with a Diesel CX-5? Will that go well or is an oil change now a do-it-at-home thing / go to the dealer thing?

2.2D requires low ash oil, so unless you can ensure Jiffy Lube is using the right stuff...

Heck, even doing this at home is getting harder and harder!

2.2D requires low ash oil, so unless you can ensure Jiffy Lube is using the right stuff...

Heck, even doing this at home is getting harder and harder!

I live in an apartment, so doing it at home is out unless it's ridiculously simple.

Having to get to the Mazda dealer for an oil change is very much a non-trivial problem.

I live in an apartment, so doing it at home is out unless it's ridiculously simple.

Having to get to the Mazda dealer for an oil change is very much a non-trivial problem.

Over here, service interval which should include oil change is every 10000km (6213 miles) or 12 months which ever comes first.

Over here, service interval which should include oil change is every 10000km (6213 miles) or 12 months which ever comes first.

Thing is, there's only one Mazda dealer in these parts and it's not in the city where I work. I would have to take a 1/2 or full day off to get the car serviced. And dealers aren't known for their low service rates.

Thing is, there's only one Mazda dealer in these parts and it's not in the city where I work. I would have to take a 1/2 or full day off to get the car serviced. And dealers aren't known for their low service rates.

LOL! This sounds like my problem also.... Are you also in Norcal?

I've got about 3 around me but not near by. When I take mine for a service, I usually have a day off or if needed, I drop off my car then they take me the nearest train station in their courtesy bus

We get capped price servicing here so that does help a bit

I definitely would not take my diesel Mazda to Jiffy Lube, even if I'd have considered going there, which I wouldn't anyway since they destroyed the air box in my Acura (or was it my previous car?) checking my clean filter. That was a cheap lesson, less than $200. Cheaper than stripping my oil pan, letting my oil leak out, or using the wrong oil and clogging the DPF.

LOL! This sounds like my problem also.... Are you also in Norcal?

In your situation, I would probably buy the correct oil and filter online and take it to an independent mechanic. Or take it, and a 6 pack, to a friends house who has a garage and tools.
Once a year shouldn't be a big deal. The quick change places will assuredly not stock the correct oil.

Back