Thinking about 2022 CX-5 Turbo

Cx50 is just a cheaper platform. Simple non-IRS. Pirated drivetrain. Some new sheet metal curves and interior bits. No ty. Its cheaper where it matters to me.
What is “ty”? :unsure:

No, I have not seen Mazda working on a new CX-5, however, the second generation has been released in 2017, therefore 5yrs into it, its not really due for an upgrade. IMO we should start hearing about a new one (if they are going to build one which I definitely think they will), towards the end of next year, either a 2024 model, or 2025. That will give it a "normal" cycle of 7-8-years.
22 makes the 6th model year for the current body style - which in todays world is quite a long life. Especially considering the '17 is not an all new car- it uses the frame from the 1st gen CX-5 so its really just a reskin.

Unobtanium makes a point about the CX-50's lack of IRS, but this isn't really new for Mazda either - look at the current Mazda 3 which lost its IRS for this gen.

22 makes the 6th model year for the current body style - which in todays world is quite a long life. Especially considering the '17 is not an all new car- it uses the frame from the 1st gen CX-5 so its really just a reskin.

Unobtanium makes a point about the CX-50's lack of IRS, but this isn't really new for Mazda either - look at the current Mazda 3 which lost its IRS for this gen.
Yes, and the CX30. They both garner complaints over this. Cheaper.

Handling does seem to be one of the things CX5 owners appreciate. Yet the cx50 does have a little more space which some claim is a shortcoming of the CX5.

Maybe Mazda will carefully watch the sales numbers and trends to decide if they keep the CX5.

Handling does seem to be one of the things CX5 owners appreciate. Yet the cx50 does have a little more space which some claim is a shortcoming of the CX5.

Maybe Mazda will carefully watch the sales numbers and trends to decide if they keep the CX5.
Keep the CX-5 in North America to be more precise. The CX-50 isn't going to be imported into Japan, Australia, Singapore etc.

I read this article about Subaru and Ford. They both have two row crossovers that are practically competitors in size etc; the Outback vs Forrester and Escape vs. Bronco.

Similar, yet with differences that appeal to different customers.

Back