The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

Yesterday: Work on a drawing for a few hours... Go to bathroom, power goes off, realize you never hit save....

Come in this morning and the whole drawing is back to how it originally was and none of your changes are done....

About to leave and never look back.

Save and save often, been there too many times

That's happened to me on the database side of things. Finish updating an 800 row, 18 column database, leave for the day, come back and some jackass restored the server to an earlier version for some reason. Re-do all work. Submit report. Get comment from the customer that I need to redo the whole list to fit their template... even though we told them that we werent' doing it during the proposal phase. Fight about this for 3 weeks, lose the battle, do the report all over again from scratch, and oh yeah, you need to add another 20 fields.

Such is the nature of work.

Unacceptable. I haven't lost a drawing like that in years! This is actually probably the first job I've had where AutoCAD hasn't had major issues/bugs and randomly closes ... So I haven't had to save often lol

Stupid AutoCAD, what's the point of the drawing recovery thing if it will just show you what was last saved... I can do that myself lol.

Here, I'm not shocked. Hell, their "net nanny" bulls*** software that they just pushed on to everyone's computers has caused mine to become a complete turd, Nick's to be absolutely worthless when plugged into the network, Dan's randomly freezes, and Norm's browser can't go to more than 2 pages before not responding. The IT here is junk.

Yea, the drawing recovery manager sucks. I have autosave turned on, and it has helped. Generally when I crash, I don't ever loose more than 10-15 minutes of work due to my saving habits.

Anyone ever use the Adobe Live Cycle Rights Management plug-in for Microsoft Office? We use that to control access to documents containing proprietary information. It significantly increases application startup time and generally makes them unstable (especially Word).

Someone needs to buy my gauges!

Are getting your rocks off on all the street racing and dyno charts, buddy?

Have you gotten any rides in anything?

oh man. I was torn between that and innovate a couple of months ago. Wish you posted these earlier. Exactly what I was looking for.

Back