The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

My biggest gripe with car reviews is they don't normalize the review to the type of car being reviewed. I.e. they praise small cars for their fuel economy but then turn right around and complain about material quality, road noise, and power. If someone is looking for a small, cheap, fuel-efficient car they should already be aware of the shortcomings ALL small cars have. I also pop a vein when they complain about ride comfort in sports cars...

(iagree)

Fuckers forget that less than 10 years ago, a 4 cylinder over 200 hp was heresay. 15 years ago, 150 was hot s***.

Tru dat, Homeslice! Reviewers tend to like features and oprions that they look for. I know when Randy Pobst did the review comparison between the MS3 and the Focus ST, he choose the Focus, because he likes a loose car.......over all in build quality, power, stying etc, he preferred the MS3......we had an hour conversation at Watkins Glen last year.......

What shops around NE OH have dyno's? Smokeys, big shot...anywhere else recommended?

Would like to see where im at once my tune is wrapped up.

Is big shot still around??? Their building is empty/for sale in stow.

Edit: at least that's how it looked when I went snow drifting back there a month ago lol

Last edited:
B3R has a dyno... they shouldn't **** your s*** up too much just strapping it down.

What shops around NE OH have dyno's? Smokeys, big shot...anywhere else recommended?

Would like to see where im at once my tune is wrapped up.

I think there would be a good amount of interest for a dyno day get together. I'd like to see what the Miata puts down.
Plus, it would be easier for all the OMS cats to compare their e-penises.

Oh and Backstreet Performance in Medina has a dyno.

Edit: What's up with the weather updates in here? Can't people just go look outside if they wanted to know what's going on?

Last edited:
I think there would be a good amount of interest for a dyno day get together. I'd like to see what the Miata puts down.

too much potential butt hurt, and they might break their car...

LMAO! Half those cats are on s*** OTS maps or ON stock map with mods. So they'll have e-peen envy

But yeah, id be down for a dyno day.

I would prefer Backstreet, they do not have a AWD...Buschor does have an AWD Dyno, Does Smokey's? Not worried about the MS3's #'s, curious about the MSP though

Big Shot was off of Seasons rd, right down from route 8.

Not sure if autointerests is doing Dyno days this year or not, but they did them at Smokeys.

Smokey's has AWD.

Buschur is way out by me... plus wouldn't it hurt the OMS guy's egos to go to a shop that specializes in Evos?

Smokey's has AWD.

Buschur is way out by me... plus wouldn't it hurt the OMS guy's egos to go to a shop that specializes in Evos?

Some of them deserve to have an ego bruise from time to time.

A thought occured to me. I know that many new cars flip s*** if the front and rear wheels are not travelling at the same speed. Even if you're dynoing a FWD car, having 4 moving rollers like the SuperFlow that Smokey's uses isn't a bad idea for that reason.

I would like a dyno day At Smokeys since they have an AWD dyno and know their s***.

Phen, I was watching that TopGear episode with the Fiat 500 Abarth and the hazard lights kept coming on under hard braking. It will be fun to watch you at the auto-x. muhaha

Back