The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

Plus not everyone is in the same area.

I'm curious what the Escape would do on a dyno...
newer one? My sister dynoed hers at Smokeys but I can't find the graph.

AutoInterests have some dyno days planned FYI, but they haven't posted the schedule yet.

I would like a dyno day At Smokeys since they have an AWD dyno and know their s***.

Phen, I was watching that TopGear episode with the Fiat 500 Abarth and the hazard lights kept coming on under hard braking. It will be fun to watch you at the auto-x. muhaha

LOL, I haven't seen that one yet. That's funny. I didn't know the car had that safety gizmo that made them do that. This could be a fun season just because of that.

Or I could just not use the brakes...

And as far as knowing their s***.... eeeehhhhh...... They know their LS s*** (but what tuner doesn't? Technology from the 70's is still technology from the 70's no matter what new car it's in) but when it comes to imports... hesitation from me. Probably because I know of an argument that's in progress from a bunch of people whose cars they ****** up.

Last edited:

AutoInterests have some dyno days planned FYI, but they haven't posted the schedule yet.

Didn't she share that on FB?

'12 with the 3.0 v6

LOL, I haven't seen that one yet. That's funny. I didn't know the car had that safety gizmo that made them do that. This could be a fun season just because of that.

Or I could just not use the brakes...

And as far as knowing their s***.... eeeehhhhh...... They know their LS s*** (but what tuner doesn't? Technology from the 70's is still technology from the 70's no matter what new car it's in) but when it comes to imports... hesitation from me. Probably because I know of a small class action suit that's in the works from a bunch of people whose cars they ****** up.

Im sure theyd be fine for doing 3 pulls. But yeah, i wouldn't want them tuning a speed. Look how many speeds TPG and FJ in PA have blown up from not knowing the platform

Mazda2 on a dyno. I win.

Mine was 98.2 hp/99.1 ft-lb with the muffler I had on it, friend's stock one pulled slightly less at 95.5/96.4

Stock was preeetty rich, dipped into the 11s at 4k, 11.5 for awhile and then back to 11 at 6500. Mine was 12 > 12.5 > 11.5.

Phen: yeah she posted the graphs on facebook but my service is so slow on my phone..........

Last edited:
Mine was 98.2 hp/99.1 ft-lb with the muffler I had on it, friend's stock one pulled slightly less at 95.5/96.4
That's actually pretty impressive given the advertised stock numbers (100 HP?).

On second thought, AWD - I wonder if it's long enough to fit the Flex. That would REALLY hurt some MS3 egos.

And as far as knowing their s***.... eeeehhhhh...... They know their LS s*** (but what tuner doesn't? Technology from the 70's is still technology from the 70's no matter what new car it's in) but when it comes to imports... hesitation from me. Probably because I know of a small class action suit that's in the works from a bunch of people whose cars they ****** up.
No love for push rods?

Stock was preeetty rich, dipped into the 11s at 4k, 11.5 for awhile and then back to 11 at 6500. Mine was 12 > 12.5 > 11.5.

Phen: yeah she posted the graphs on facebook but my service is so slow on my phone..........

Pshh

Stock ms3 map dips down into the 9's sometimes lol.

That's actually pretty impressive given the advertised stock numbers (100 HP?).

On second thought, AWD - I wonder if it's long enough to fit the Flex. That would REALLY hurt some MS3 egos.

Adjustable wheelbase. Computer controlled and it lengthens and shortens. Had a big old Pontiac on there last time I went.

No love for push rods?

There's always room for pushrods. I just have no love for how everyone considers it God's gift to engines and the end all - be all solution for every car in the world.

CVT is no Bueno? We aren't really worried about lack of power but I don't want some POS that can't merge onto a highway either.

I'll go back to Smokey's, dyno day or not. Wanna see the difference measured on the same dyno. They never got back to me about tuning the Hydra, but I found a good shop in PA.

Pretty sure the CVT in the 2015 WRX is the same one that is used in the CrossTrek.

I'll go back to Smokey's, dyno day or not. Wanna see the difference measured on the same dyno. They never got back to me about tuning the Hydra, but I found a good shop in PA.

Reason why is because the guy we talked to that day about Hydra tuning is no longer there.

Yesterday: Work on a drawing for a few hours... Go to bathroom, power goes off, realize you never hit save....

Come in this morning and the whole drawing is back to how it originally was and none of your changes are done....

About to leave and never look back.

Back