Sls Horrifying Product!!!

I hate to see that, but that's why I went with the SU mounts.

By the way I still have my rear mount for sale(shady)

No pictures in that thread btw.

Thier used to be pictures in that thread when it was originally open. The AWR mount broke all the welds that held on the bottom peice where the bolts are.

However its the only AWR mount that I;ve heard of breaking but doesn't mean the others can't break as well. I also could of been a case of a bad weld on that one AWR mount.

Thier used to be pictures in that thread when it was originally open. The AWR mount broke all the welds that held on the bottom peice where the bolts are.

However its the only AWR mount that I;ve heard of breaking but doesn't mean the others can't break as well. I also could of been a case of a bad weld on that one AWR mount.
Then there's where & how did the AWR break, autoX? manual clutch dumping stress? Bet it wasn't from daily driving nothing elseness.

Then there's where & how did the AWR break, autoX? manual clutch dumping stress? Bet it wasn't from daily driving nothing elseness.

I posted the quote from the thread.

I broke my AWR front MM under severe service during 40, 3 mile road course laps. After sending two quick pics to Tony, he sent me a brand new, stronger one free of charge (provided I return old one). Great SERVICE, thanks TONY!!!!

I posted the quote from the thread.
Yes I do remember reading that now that you reposted it. Exactly why I'm less than impressed with mine at this point with a sport auto daily driver no track time car & the other guy's front. Oem is staying on the side & oem with rr inserts going back up front. No problem with the other 2 oems so I'm gonna leave them alone until maaaaybe the SU set if my oems actually do give up & for now just enjoy the complete lack of vibration. Good deal coming in the FS section soon on a front & a side with replacement bracket. Somehow now, I really don't care whether they ever get a rear done cause I'm not wasting time or money on it. I'm sure they don't care whether I buy one or not & of course I don't care that they don't care that I don't care about spending any more of my money on their mounts.

"Please follow the instructions in our warranty section:

http://www.slsperformance.com/slsp/InfoPage.asp?idPage=14"

Typical automated response from a compay that isn't to personal...

Last edited:
Agree. Horrifying product is right. It looks like a sawed-off GM dogbone mount tacked onto piece of plate stock.
I never thought about it, but now that you point it out, it does look like most of the stress is transferred to the weld when the engine moves, and the entire thing sort of torques about the base. The stock mount had a design that distributed weight across the entire mount. We'll have to watch carefully if anyone else has this happen...

I've had no problems with mine so far but it does make me look at it a little more and think about maybe adding some gusset plates to the side of the vertical tube for a bit more strength.........

I've had no problems with mine so far but it does make me look at it a little more and think about maybe adding some gusset plates to the side of the vertical tube for a bit more strength.........
That would definitely help distribute the load and improve strength, but is the base wide enough to give both sufficient contact with the gussets and socket access to the bolts?

Back