Sls Horrifying Product!!!

I think it's just a bad batch man. I have both the front and side and they are just fine. I would mention my friends side broke the same way, but the side mount. I hope eases your worry.

Magus

Is that red stuff rust?

Hard to see how a part could rust that badly in 200 miles. Also the part on the left looks like it's rustier than the part on the right. So maybe that piece of metal was rusty, they welded it on, and it didn't hold because the rust weakened the weld? Seems crazy to built a motor mount with rusty metal though, maybe it's just primer? Even then, why prime a piece where there will be a metal to metal contact?

When you heat metal it will oxidize much quicker, like when you weld. only thing that i could think is that it wasnt cleaned before painting. eiter way the weld was crap, its bad news if the filler material broke off cleanly.

personally i think its a bad design, wthout some sort of triangulation for strength. like the AWR. FS's are notorius for there vibration and that would tear a bad quality mount to shreads. Look what it does to the stock mounts

Last edited:
hmm...I was looking at the replacement mount and wondering...Do they reuse them or just reweld what I sent back? There's an engine bracket imprint already in the rubber...

hmm...I was looking at the replacement mount and wondering...Do they reuse them or just reweld what I sent back? There's an engine bracket imprint already in the rubber...

Hmmm... that's a good question. However, do you think that they would send you a replacement mount that had a possibility of breaking again? I would think that the mount you now have is probably stonger than any other mount they have made. Even if they re-welded your old one. I'm sure they don't want another mount breaking on you after starting this thread. Just my opioion though.

They probably just gave you the same bushing from your old mount. They are removable.

That would be my guess anyway. I don't think they would have re-welded it and sent it off to be powerdercoated. I would think they only send out batches of stuff to be powdercoated, but you never know I guess.

Yeah, I read one of their posts saying something like there's only one powdercoater in SLC and there's a 2-week delay on their orders.

Bad batch, isolated incidents, fluke & good customer service. Somebody buy my front & side, 2k miles pair + big sls performance silver letters sticker. Yeah, I got pics...for anyone interested. PM if so.

Last edited:
Why are you trying to sell yours then?
Because I have sport auto daily driver that hasn't torn any of the oems. I have rr inserts in the front only & no vibrations. The SLS ones were just some "modded something that didn't need attention" thing that induced vibration & side bracket broke after less than 2k so I went back to oem on side & oem + inserts in front since they have lasted for years without issue. I got the replacement bracket but am choosing not to go back with them.

mine broke as well and they dont want to give me my money back I will not accept an exchange im afraid it'll break again!

Back