Remember Sir Nuke?

A bit of news

Spoke to Sir Nuke on the phone and he sounds much better. His speach has improved enormously, but he says his motor skills aren't up there yet. His right side isn't improving as much as it should, and unfortunately may remain as it is.

Let's wish him the best for 2007.

hello all, Its been a long journey, and I still have a long way to go. I have started to lose most of the feeling on my right side, I can still walk and use everything, but you can't imagine what its like when you can't feeling much of anything. You don't have the input from the sensations. Last May I baught a new truck, but I got an automatic since its hard to drive a manual tranny, so at this point, I really can't drive my P5, and I love that car. I hope that none of you ever get into this situation, Its has changed my intire life, and everything I was able to do, wanted to do, and things I liked to do on a daily basis it gone for the most part. All I can do is to keep going forward and hope for things to change, and hope that my prayers are answered.

Yeah, definitely great to hear from you again! The Mazda Forums welcoming committee isn't the same without ya :)

Hope your recovery continues and you can move on from this.

good ole sir nuke! keep the faith man! i remember when i joined the forum and got your great welcome..(thumb) you are missed!!

Sir Nuke,

Good to hear from you. I am glad to hear you are still making progress. Our thoughts are with you!

Dale.

Sir Nuke

Not a day goes by whitout me sending you good vibes...long distance that is.

Still a cold one in the cooler for ya!

Keep in touch.

Good Luck to you Sir Nuke!

?, i'm a motorcycle instructor for the MSF and always curious about accidents. Do you remember the accident? were you wearing a lid? was it a DOT lid or a " fashion" style lid? do you wear a lid after the accident?

Last edited:
VFR pilot said:
Good Luck to you Sir Nuke!

?, i'm a motorcycle instructor for the MSF and always curious about accidents. Do you remember the accident? were you wearing a lid? was it a DOT lid or a " fashion" style lid? do you wear a lid after the accident?

I have been riding for 25 years, I have ALWAYS been a REAL defensive rider, I have even taught a course to the Road Captains of my HOG Chaper, of which I was the Director of at the time of the accident. To answer your questions. 1). No I don't remember the accident, if fact, the last thing I remember is going to bed the night before, the accident happened at 4 p.m. the next day. I woke up 12 days later. 2). No, I wasn't wearing a lid, its about one of the very few times I went without it, just one of those quick runs to the store before we (my wife and I) were about to headed out after I got back. I have a custom match painted LID, its a DOT helmet. 3) I would NEVER be without one ever again, but I havn't been able to ride for the last 2 years since my accident, at this time I only have about 10% of the feeling in my entire right side, so it makes it a little hard since I don't have much feedback from the throutle and the brake. Not much of a condition to be in, in my opionion.

I just joined today. And I think its it will be great for my first post to be here. Hope you can recover fully from this Sirnuke.

Riken said:
I just joined today. And I think its it will be great for my first post to be here. Hope you can recover fully from this Sirnuke.

Thank You Riken. I just have to try to keep going, even if it means I have to change my entire life style. At this point, its been almost two years since my accident, I will probably never ride a bike again, its its getting more dificult to drive a standard tranny, so who knows how this will end up comming oujt, ya just have to trying.

Man, sorry to hear about the motorcycle accident. As a fellow rider myself I can say that you are lucky to be alive. I wish you a speedy recovery and hope that your life will not change. I love bikes but the danger is allways there. I live in Los Angeles and it's crazy here. Best wishes!(cheers2)

Nuke's in great spirits. I will ask him to answer to you all soon since he's been quite busy lately and I ain't sure if he has a computer at home right now, so he can't get online easily.

To all who have taken the time to read this thread, thanks so much. Sir Nuke still needs your good vibes, so keep'em comin'

Red

Just wanted to wish you a full recovery, Sir Nuke. I got my P5 when I was still in High School and you were always very helpful to not only me, but everyone like me on the forums, probably responding to the same type of question over and over.

Now that I have graduated from college, have a full time job, and am ready to start putting some money into my P5 (I purchased the Audio Link iPod Integration Kit and will be installing it today), you're name comes up on searches constantly. Thanks for all your help, and enjoy the holiday season.

Hello All, And thank you for all the mail/replys. To answer a few questions, I will never be able to ride again. I lost almost all the feeling in my right side, everything still WORKS, but very little feeling. SO, since the gas, and both breaks are on the right side, well its about done, I sold my bike a few months ago. The last year also brought another bit of bad news, I got divorced. It took me a while to get over that, but doing well now. We sold our house and split the profits. and after a couple month wait, my builder started on my NEW house TODAY, they are putting up the forms for the slab as I type. So Nuke is still here and around. :{D

Back