Oil change question

:
CX5
Quick question...My 2018 CX5 (love the car) had its 20,000 miles oil change and tire rotation a few months back. The car had just over 21,000 miles on it at the time. It's running perfectly. Do I need to get another oil change at 25,000 miles, or can I wait until the scheduled Mazda service at 30,000 miles?

I live in the US. I've been using the fixed mileage interval. I've been getting the oil changed every 5,000 miles, but I don't know if the vehicle actually needs that.

I'd wait until 7500 miles (or 5000 mi if you're more comfortable with that) from your last oil change

(a) follow your owner's manual.
(b) have a lab test your oil to see if it remains good for longer service.
https://www.blackstone-labs.com/tests/standard-analysis/?session-id=aexnqfyrvdohdsy5iqfkue45&timeout=20&bslauth=&urlbase=https://www.blackstone-labs.net/Bstone/(S(aexnqfyrvdohdsy5iqfkue45))/

The $30 cost of an oil analysis by a testing lab isn't something one should do every time, but a couple of tests can show you how the oil stands up to your driving conditions and allow you to set an oil drain schedule that works for you.

I feel that 9,000 miles is too long to wait. I'd pick a 5K or 7.5K per owners manual recommendation and go from there. Ed

Especially while still under warranty, follow the recommended change interval per the manual. (5k or 7.5k)

Follow the owner's manual. Didn't you got one? It is false economy to skip a proper oil change to save $50.

Quick question...My 2018 CX5 (love the car) had its 20,000 miles oil change and tire rotation a few months back. The car had just over 21,000 miles on it at the time. It's running perfectly. Do I need to get another oil change at 25,000 miles, or can I wait until the scheduled Mazda service at 30,000 miles?
The recommended oil change interval for your 2018 CX-5 by Mazda is to use “Flexible“ OCI which can be up to 7,500 miles or 12 months depending on your driving style. Wait for “Oil change due” notification and change your oil! Reset the Flexible OCI each time you have done the oil change.

Check your owner’s manual for details.

The oil change requirement for my 2020 Signature Turbo here in Colombia is every 5000 kilometers or 3106 miles.

In most of Europe the interval is when the oil life monitor comes on or at least every 12 months or 20,000km (12,400mi)

Back