Need help with TIP

I spoke w/Derrick Ambrose at Corksport. To fit my 06speed6 w/AEM CAI, went with the W/O option, gonna powercoat everything once it gets in to match my CAI, I prefer the complete sleeper look, inside and out. Will let you all know how it turns out.

Ok after e-mailing each of their employees , one by one at protegegarage, I finally got a response, infact a few rude e-mails despite my very polite ones. So the deal is that they don't have any red ones in stock and they said they don't know when they will get any in. They said the only one's they do have in stock are the black powdercoated one so I just said that's fine, ship it. I don't like being kept in the dark about things I'm paying for. I'm sorry, I had high hopes for them and I usually like the smaller operations but their lack of customer service and just plain rudeness will keep me from ordering anything else from them once I get that TIP in. Just my $0.02.

Ok after e-mailing each of their employees , one by one at protegegarage, I finally got a response, infact a few rude e-mails despite my very polite ones. So the deal is that they don't have any red ones in stock and they said they don't know when they will get any in. They said the only one's they do have in stock are the black powdercoated one so I just said that's fine, ship it. I don't like being kept in the dark about things I'm paying for. I'm sorry, I had high hopes for them and I usually like the smaller operations but their lack of customer service and just plain rudeness will keep me from ordering anything else from them once I get that TIP in. Just my $0.02.

That's the experience a lot of people are having with them. Again, I revert back to my previous post.

When you get your part, good luck with the installation. Let us know if you need anything else.

The CorkSport TIP clears the battery and the tray. It is tight in there but that is the case for really all of the TIP on the market.

-Derrick

Last edited:
So I ended up cancelling my order. Here's why in addition to my previous posts in this thread. After multiple days of being told it was gonna be shipped out the next day and requesting an actual ship date, this is what i received:

"...We are unable at this time to ship the inlet. We will have more in stock in roughly three to four weeks..."

I'm sorry but that is not okay with me, so I have cancelled my order and tomorrow morning will be taking the 5 minute drive to Cobb and picking theirs up.

Thank you everybody for your help.

So I ended up cancelling my order. Here's why in addition to my previous posts in this thread. After multiple days of being told it was gonna be shipped out the next day and requesting an actual ship date, this is what i received:

"...We are unable at this time to ship the inlet. We will have more in stock in roughly three to four weeks..."

I'm sorry but that is not okay with me, so I have cancelled my order and tomorrow morning will be taking the 5 minute drive to Cobb and picking theirs up.

Thank you everybody for your help.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123757076

posted in the PG section.. soooo... u couldve gotten another inlet for cheaper.. even cobb's ill bet. instead of cancelling ur order with ken because of this issue... just my (2cents)

That sucks storm. protege garage.com should have a tag that says in stock or out of stock like SU does. That would save everyone a lot of trouble.

coy- yea, they definitely need a stock indicator. That would save them as well as customers some hassle and time.

tunersteve- I went to COBB today and picked up the turbo inlet. They were really nice and helpful and even gave me a tour of the whole facility including the Garage and Dyno area. It was really relieving to know that people still care about customer service as much as I do when i'm at work. I should be putting in the TIP in the morning, and will be taking pictures step by step to add a thread to the HOW-TO section. Just to make it easier to access :D

coy- yea, they definitely need a stock indicator. That would save them as well as customers some hassle and time.

tunersteve- I went to COBB today and picked up the turbo inlet. They were really nice and helpful and even gave me a tour of the whole facility including the Garage and Dyno area. It was really relieving to know that people still care about customer service as much as I do when i'm at work. I should be putting in the TIP in the morning, and will be taking pictures step by step to add a thread to the HOW-TO section. Just to make it easier to access :D

Glad to hear ya got your inlet. No need to do a how-to, there's one already in there. Don't hesitate to put comments in though!

dam storm, didnt know you was still waitin. i just figured it was on your car and old news at this point.

oh well, cobb came through for ya.

I ordered/paid for a PG TIP on the 5th of this month and received a Email From Ken on the 9th stating the same thing as Storm Trooper, that it would be about 3 weeks. I wasnt madd and i said to my self i will just cancel my order and get a TIP from someone else. So i ordered one from Corksport and it will be here Monday the 19th. My problem now is that ive gotten no response from canceling my order or getting my paypal account credited back.

Sorry it's been a few days. Been super busy with work and been fighting off this nasty cough that i'm not gonna let get any worse. Got the Cobb TIP directly from them, went home and installed it. It's awesome, I can definitely feel the gained throttle response as well as top end acceleration. Recirculation is a bit quieter but that's because this TIP flows better. Very satisfied :D :D :D

I went and ask them what else that have available for the speed6 and it's not very much. They said they aren't sure where to put the focus on because the speed6's aren't really getting made anymore :( but I promise I'm trying to convince them guys lol :D

yea, that's what I told him and he definately agreed. He said the reason there is so much stuff on the speed3 is because one of the employees drives one so they use his to test parts on. They don't have a speed6 to test, however, I will make the sacrifice and I offered to test out some parts if they make them :D so hopefully soon there will be some more parts soon. And I also had a talk with them about developing some more maps for the AP directly from them because I know some people feel a bit uneasy about getting third party maps.

Back