Msp Vs. ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pwned in terms of gas mileage?

pwned in terms of the yaris pulled on my stock P5. Granted it was modded but dang. Talk about embarrassment. My sister has a yaris and while a good looking super efficient car, they are sloooow! Which is saying something cuz I drive a P5.

pwned in terms of the yaris pulled on my stock P5. Granted it was modded but dang. Talk about embarrassment. My sister has a yaris and while a good looking super efficient car, they are sloooow! Which is saying something cuz I drive a P5.

Lemme guess, red yaris with a tall asian dude behind the wheel?

Yup, more piping means it takes more time for air to make it into the engine.

(encourage

And you've tried both systems, SMIC w/ piping, and FMIC?

I have...

With the proper sized FMIC core and piping routing a FMIC will not make a noticeable difference in spool time, or throttle response.

dont feel bad! i have the 626 mani and fmic at stock boost with mild leak and got smoked by a full bolt on mildly built civic hatch with a gsr swap!

Call me out all you want but I stayed even with him. I had 3 cars of witnesses behind me as well. I don't know what boost he was running but he said it was chipped. Other than that he had coils and a set of chrome A8 wheels.

nah, no worries, not a big deal to me, you probably did keep up

why does it matter what turbo it has. PSI is PSI no? if it boost AT 10psi the who cares where it came from?

10 psi from a t25 is nothing like 10 psi from a t28 or t30. May be the same pressure but more air is being moved.

why does it matter what turbo it has. PSI is PSI no? if it boost AT 10psi the who cares where it came from?

that is not true at all. psi is the thing that doesnt matter. its cfm rate people are aiming for.

its either a smaller turbo with more boost or a big turbo with less boost, the objective is to get more cfm rates higher. aka more air into engine. psi is just pressure, but the objective is to fit as much air as possible with x amount of psi.

ko2 turbo is equivilant to a 9g turbo. a mitishibishi 9g turbo can be found as one of the turbos on a 3000gt vr4. small.......

and fmic's do not hurt the cars peformance at all. with the right size piping and intercooler, you wont know what lag is. plus colder and denser air is alot more important that 1/3 of a psi being dropped.

psi is not as important as you think. people try to gain as much power or cfm into an engine with as little psi as possible. the reason why people up the boost so much because this is the easiest way in doing it. buying a 20 dollar boost controller. duh..... lol

s*** happens sometimes. I was completely stock with only a custom hot pipe with a BOV on it. Car wouldnt run right like that for some reason. Only works when the bov is on the cold pipe.

So run into an XRS toyota matrix, may or may not have been trd s/c'd. Idk.

But since my car was losing all it's boost i guesss, I punched it went through the whole gear in 2nd, shifted into third. The xrs didnt even hit it yet. He wasnt racing at all. Then he punched it and just took off like my car should have done.

It was embarrasing but he knew something was wrong with my car or thought I didnt know how to drive because my car was going nowhere.

Took that pipe off asap and bought a fmic kit, bov on the cold pipe. Problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back