2023 CX-5 Non-Bose Factory Amp Location?

Wanted to post in this thread first before making a separate thread as this is related. Vehicle is a 2023 CX-5 non-Bose system.

I am wanting to keep the stereo upgrade simple and just add the JBL BassPro Hub Powered spare tire subwoofer to the system.

I am wanting to tap into the speaker outputs from the amp under the seat, but I do not want to cut or tap into the wires that may void the warranty. I have done a lot of searching and can not find the proper harnesses to purchase so I can make my own T harness to tap into the high level speaker outputs from the amp. From what I have read it would be the middle harness from the photo attached. I would need the male and female version of this harness (hopefully with wires attached) so I can make my own T harness.

Has anyone done this without cutting factory wires? Thoughts? Any other way of doing this to not void warranty? Appreciate any help.

Attachments

• IMG_0850.jpeg
    IMG_0850.jpeg
    181.9 KB · Views: 77
Wanted to post in this thread first before making a separate thread as this is related. Vehicle is a 2023 CX-5 non-Bose system.

I am wanting to keep the stereo upgrade simple and just add the JBL BassPro Hub Powered spare tire subwoofer to the system.

I am wanting to tap into the speaker outputs from the amp under the seat, but I do not want to cut or tap into the wires that may void the warranty. I have done a lot of searching and can not find the proper harnesses to purchase so I can make my own T harness to tap into the high level speaker outputs from the amp. From what I have read it would be the middle harness from the photo attached. I would need the male and female version of this harness (hopefully with wires attached) so I can make my own T harness.

Has anyone done this without cutting factory wires? Thoughts? Any other way of doing this to not void warranty? Appreciate any help.
Go to the junkyard to find the connectors.

I haven't been able to find the plug and ended up soldering on to the existing wiring coming from the plug. In my install (non-Bose) i replaced all speakers and added a sub so ran all my own wiring, and cut the oem wiring after the solder joint as i was getting some weird feedback coming through.

Back