Mirrors not folding completely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mazda replaced both mirrors after two years under warranty. One was apparently damaged by a car wash worker and wouldn't close all the way half the time. I told Mazda that only one was failing but they said it was necessary to replace both as they'd been updated or something. Work fine now.

Well done! My twin replacements have worked fine for a year now. Hopefully they solved whatever glitch was there.

Before I call my dealer, I wondered if anyone else had this problem. I have a 2019 signature and just noticed the folding mirrors are only partially closing. Any easy fix?
I have had 5 mirror folding failures in 80K miles. It was part of what led to me getting rid of my CX5. I am glad I at least got the extended warranty, because each failure is $5-600, and you get a loaner while they fix/wait on parts to fix it.

I have had 5 mirror folding failures in 80K miles. It was part of what led to me getting rid of my CX5. I am glad I at least got the extended warranty, because each failure is $5-600, and you get a loaner while they fix/wait on parts to fix it.
I find the 5x a little hard to believe. I bet the power folding mirrors in your Toyota are far superior. Oh wait, you don't get them in the US. :D

I find the 5x a little hard to believe. I bet the power folding mirrors in your Toyota are far superior. Oh wait, you don't get them in the US. :D
Well at least Toyota Venza Limited has “Color-keyed heated power outside mirrors with Venza logo puddle lights and driver’s-side auto-folding controls”. You can get them on most Lexus too in the US. Many friends of mine having power folding mirrors on their RX and they all set to auto folding when the engine is off. Several of them are over 10 years old and over 100,000 miles. They all have the auto folding power mirrors working for all these years non-stop.

Wait, you’d got rid of your 2019 CX-5 GT-R? When did that happen? And what do you get replacing the CX-5?

Well at least Toyota Venza Limited has “Color-keyed heated power outside mirrors with Venza logo puddle lights and driver’s-side auto-folding controls”. You can get them on most Lexus too in the US. Many friends of mine having power folding mirrors on their RX and they all set to auto folding when the engine is off. Several of them are over 10 years old and over 100,000 miles. They all have the auto folding power mirrors working for all these years non-stop.
We've had no issues with the power mirrors on our CX-5. They've been used several times a day for almost 3 years. My 2021 Ford Ranger also has them.

Only a few on here have had issues. There's a TSB for the ones that do. If Uno really had his go bad 5x, I think there would be more than just a few.

We've had no issues with the power mirrors on our CX-5. They've been used several times a day for almost 3 years. My 2021 Ford Ranger also has them.

Only a few on here have had issues. There's a TSB for the ones that do. If Uno really had his go bad 5x, I think there would be more than just a few.
If you turn on auto-folding feature on your outside mirrors and activated several times a day, and they’re still working for 3 years, good for you.

Auto-folding mirrors are popular in Europe and Asia and Mazda historically are having problems on their auto-folding mirrors. I’ve seen TSBs for the same problem on CX-5 in other regions since 2013. And Mazda seems can never fix the problem from root, and the follow-up TSBs for the same problem on auto-folding mirrors keep coming out.

Mazda should get the auto-folding mirrors from the same vender Toyota uses.

I don't want them. Not after this! Also, yes, I bitched about them failing every time it happened on here, lol! 25K mile intervals nearly like clockwork.

I don't want them. Not after this! Also, yes, I bitched about them failing every time it happened on here, lol! 25K mile intervals nearly like clockwork.
Let's see 25k x 5 = 125k.
Something doesn't add up... ;)

I remember you complaining about your old CX-5 when I first joined. Most members were really surprised that you bought another one. You also kept mentioning how "lucky" you were for buying an extended warranty. When you bought the new one you were bragging about your new $2,500 3rd party extended warranty and how you knew it would come in handy. You may think that you're coming across as a smart shopper, but to me, you seem either really unlucky, or a pathological liar.

I do find it funny that the one issue you had with the CX-5, and the main reason you got rid of it, isn't even available on the Toyota. You do know that you could have just disabled them, right?

Let's see 25k x 5 = 125k.

Something doesn't add up... ;)

I remember you complaining about your old CX-5 when I first joined. Most members were really surprised that you bought another one. You also kept mentioning how "lucky" you were for buying an extended warranty. When you bought the new one you were bragging about your new $2,500 3rd party extended warranty and how you knew it would come in handy. You may think that you're coming across as a smart shopper, but to me, you seem either really unlucky, or a pathological liar.

I do find it funny that the one issue you had with the CX-5, and the main reason you got rid of it, isn't even available on the Toyota. You do know that you could have just disabled them, right?

You realize the car has 2 of them, right? First failures were around 20-25K (both) (2).
Second failures were around 50K (both) (2). The next failure was at about 76K it began acting up (just one so far).

If you really think I need to invent false tales of mirror motor failure...dude why? I could care less. I don't even own it anymore.

If you're accusing me of being a liar, you had better produce. Link me to a place where I lied. Go for it.
It's the internet. People can say whatever they want with no accountability. As I said, it's either that, or you just have really bad luck.

I wish you well with your Toyota. I owned a Lexus for 8 years and had no issues outside of the battery, which was covered under a TSB. I can say that for 95% of vehicles I've purchased over the past 40 years. If only I had all the money back that I waisted on warranties... LOL

It's the internet. People can say whatever they want with no accountability. As I said, it's either that, or you just have really bad luck.

I wish you well with your Toyota. I owned a Lexus for 8 years and had no issues outside of the battery, which was covered under a TSB. I can say that for 95% of vehicles I've purchased over the past 40 years. If only I had all the money back that I waisted on warranties... LOL
Yup. That's what id do. Lie about mirror failures for 3 years.

First failure:
Next failure:

That accounts for four motors. I am telling you now, the 5th one began acting up (passenger side) around 76K miles.

So yeah bro, I just got on here waiting for 3 years, building this trail of lies about window motors. Yup. You caught me. What a gumshoe.

That accounts for four motors. I am telling you now, the 5th one began acting up (passenger side) around 76K miles.

So yeah bro, I just got on here waiting for 3 years, building this trail of lies about window motors. Yup. You caught me. What a gumshoe.
You're clearly doing something different than 99.9% of owners. Maybe you're using them when they're iced up? They have an on/off option, so would function just like the ones in your Toyota. Please tell me you purchased another $2k+ warranty. :D

Knock it off with the personal insults. We're all adults, and we can question and respond to each other without resorting to name calling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back