Might be buying a CX-5

I called them & they didn't know who Nick was. Guess he's not part of the sales staff?

He's at the Ford dealership. That's why I gave you his cell. The second 866 # I posted is his home dealership

I have nothing to prove to you, turtle. :p
You asked for an opinion on a car you are considering and you got it.
I think it's way underpowered. :p

I have nothing to prove to you, turtle. :p
You asked for an opinion on a car you are considering and you got it.
I think it's way underpowered. :p

lol! wubs fezzy :-*

Still has more power than the 6 or the corolla ;)

I just looked up S-Plan pricing, it's not as much as i remember:

Clicky Clicky

$712 off MSRP. Money off is money off, but i thought it was like 2-3K when we bought the 6 back in '06

I would try to sell the Toyota yourself. Trade in will suck money wise. We are planning to buy a new SUV too. As much as we want to stay with Mazda (CX5) we are going to test drive many of the other car brands smaller (AWD) SUV's. I agree with Fez, I also think the CX5 may be underpowered, but I haven't taken one for a test drive. We have just started our research.

lol! wubs fezzy :-*

Still has more power than the 6 or the corolla ;)

I just looked up S-Plan pricing, it's not as much as i remember:

Clicky Clicky

$712 off MSRP. Money off is money off, but i thought it was like 2-3K when we bought the 6 back in '06

That's crappy. I'd bet that you'll be able to negotiate a better deal.

I would try to sell the Toyota yourself. Trade in will suck money wise. We are planning to buy a new SUV too. As much as we want to stay with Mazda (CX5) we are going to test drive many of the other car brands smaller (AWD) SUV's. I agree with Fez, I also think the CX5 may be underpowered, but I haven't taken one for a test drive. We have just started our research.

The Sports have a 2.0 155hp 150tq engine while the Touring & GT models have a 2.5 184hp & 185tq. The 6 has a 160hp and 155tq motor. Owning several non turbo'd 4 cyclenders in my lifetime, that 29hp difference is a lot, not to mention the 35tq increase over the sport & 24hp & 30tq increase over the 6. It also weighs 3,375lbs while the 6 weighs 3,091lbs.

I agree, that it doesn't seem like a lot of power, but we still haven't actually driven one yet. She works this weekend, so i doubt it'll be this weekend, but in the near future we'll test drive one.

That's crappy. I'd bet that you'll be able to negotiate a better deal.

Marlon seems to think that those prices aren't the actual deal or they give you more off the packages/options not sure, but yeah, pretty pathetic.

I've driven them, they're not particularly fast compared to most of our cars but it moves well. I would prefer the manual over the auto, the shifting was a little sluggish.

we'll have a 'quick' cuv if we need it, but for her daily commute and the occasional weekend trip, it doesn't need to be a speed demon.

At the auto show, i made her sit in every single cuv that was in the same price range & she couldn't get in and out easy or the dash/console was too busy in every other vehicle besides the CX5. We'll see how she feels after a test drive.

3375 lbs! I guess we will have to research power to weight ratio too. I know that no crossover is going to be fast but I'd like to have a little bit of power in reserve when I need it.

Back