New CX-5 Akera delivered today

Hi Moonlighter. I have just joined the forum today. Your car looks amazing. We picked up our brand new Mazda CX5 Akera G25 from a dealer in Tas 2 days ago on 26 Sept ‘24. The same beautiful red as yours which is a definite step up from the previous Soul Red (I think). We traded a 2021 CX30 G25 Akera. Great car but too small. Lacked ground clearance and height. The CX5 is in the garage and the colour is magical. Slightly disappointed that it does not have the option of digital speed display as the CX30 did. We are well into our senior years and it was good for ageing eyes. We are going to have to become familiar with the HUD. I am tall and getting thick around the middle and getting in and out of the CX30 was becoming unpleasant. The CX5 is just so much higher and roomier. What a beautiful car. I am not sure Mazda can improve on the latest updated series. It is a pleasure (early days) to just sit in it. Only done 75k’s in 2 days but a long trip coming up to Hobart. A massive 300kms! Taswegians think anything over 200 kms is a long trip. The problem of living on an island not half the size of Vic. Will be great if you can tour Mazda in Hiroshima. Been there but was driving a Honda CRV and a brilliant little Jazz back then. Honda seems a little lost these days.

Congratulations! They sure are a big step up from the earlier versions (not that they were bad at all) but the advancement in technology and finish quality are very obvious. Right up there with the Euro’s in my opinion.

And agreed, the SC red is the best red on any car.

The HUD takes a little getting used to but once you do, is very good.

Have you programmed the key fobs yet for each of the main drivers? It will set and adjust the seat position and the HUD position to suit each driver. In our case this is important because The Admiral is 5’5” and I am 6’6” 😂.

I was going to say something when you commented about going on a long drive in Tasmania about being careful not to drive off the edge ……but you beat me to it 😂.

Of course, here in Queensland we barely get out of the south east corner in 2 hours. Did a trip earlier year north to central Qld coast - Yeppoon - from Brisbane that took around 8 hours with only breaks for fuel and a quick bite to eat. Then back home the next day, another 8 hours.

We have already put nearly 1800kms on ours in just over 3 weeks.

I just checked again on the Mazda Hiroshima website and they haven’t yet opened bookings for January 2025.

But at least now we have confirmed our Japan trip itinerary and booked accommodation in a really nice hotel overlooking the river and the Peace Park for the whole of the second week in January, so as soon as tour bookings open I will do my best to get us in.

Last edited:
Back