Installed Pioneer X930BT in my Mazda2

very helpful guide, I just got my kanatech install kit and looking for a good 2 din headunit. Can we install other navigation system in X930BT?

yep, works perfect like stock. from what i can tell this is the only one that does this. the radio has nothing to do with the info button, it just needs to hand off the info to another wire.

I just tried to look into the stock stereo, are those pins assignments standard? so I can put the stock plug into an aftermarket stereo?

Attachments

• IMG_20120628_211056.jpg
    IMG_20120628_211056.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 457
no, you need an adapter harness, then you will need to swap a few pins to differnt spots if you want the steering wheel controls to work

Sorry I'm totally newbie. How do I know the function of each pin? are the color code standard? Someone said the VSS wire is already in the stock harness, how do I know mine is the same? by looking at the color of the wire?

I had to look for a while to find that one. I gave up and just tapped another one off the brake. ;-)

I had to look for a while to find that one. I gave up and just tapped another one off the brake. ;-)

Just pop the central console off and the wire is there. A little wire that connect to the parking brake. Just splice the two wires, solder them and secure the install.

Hope it helps.

Back