Installed Pioneer X930BT in my Mazda2

It really is. Although I've been wondering how/why the dealer carries the option if there is no way to make the wheel controls work.

One of the notes on the kit that CorkSports sells says there is an add-on you can buy to make the controls work.

I don't know how the mazda 2 is, but with my 3 I was able to buy a $50 adapter that let me use my steering wheel controls with my pioneer head unit.

Did you have to cut the rear bracket out to allow the radio to fit? I am going to be installing the Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT soon and would like to know if there are any other pointers you have. I plan on using a
Metra Axxess ASWC Universal Steering Wheel Control Interface to keep steering wheel radio controls. Has anyone else had success with an install like this?

Excellent pics! Thank you for taking the time, I hope to eventually install something in there :)

My JVC creaks over bumps with the Metra kit from crutchfield and H&R lowering springs. Oh well... I just turn it up louder!

I recently installed the Pioneer Avic-z130BT in my 2012 mazda2. I did not have to cut the bracket behind the radio (tight fit though). I use a SWC that allows for all of my steering wheel controls to work properly. I installed a back up camera and this radio is awesome. The wire harness i bought from crutchfield had two blue wires in it that my vehicle doesn't use. Power antenna and amp. I took those and moved them over to the other side of the set of 5 pins they were in. For the steering wheel control (the one I got anyway) you use the white wire with the green strip and connect it to the wire that connects with the red/black wire on the car side of the harness and the green/black(car side) wire needs to be grounded by its self. These connections were what I used the blue wires mentioned earlier for. I have not hooked up the speed control wire or the reverse wire as I do not know where to connect them. I have my back up camera connected to AV1 instead of the backup camera connection. Hope this helps anyone that has any questions. The antenna connector is a honda 05+ one as mentioned in earlier posts.

works perfect. I just completed this install on 2/10. Did you connect the speed control wire and the reverse wire. if so where?

Open box, push the "sides" towards the middle and it should pop right out. Alternatively, you can give it a nice little tug and the little "clips" holding it in should detach.

okay that helps... i'll go give that a whirl and see what happens... i was pulling but nothing was happening! i'm sure the 2012 is the same as the 2011

Give me a call, I have had mine out quite a few times. I can offer you a few pointers.

-Derrick

Back