How To: headlight black out for P5!

Cool mod indeed. Have any of you guys (who have done it a while ago) had any problems since then? I know condensation was mentioned in the thread and it wasn't a problem for some of you guys but maybe others have had issues? What about the paint flaking?

I still clean it up nice with some rubbing alcohol and then air dry.
You may want to primer it. I did.

Problem:
'Bama & it's humidity = sealing woes....my lights are starting to come apart.
Sub-problem:
After rain or car washing etc. I have to deal w/condensation.
Solution:
Take them back out and throw 'em back in the oven. Clamp 'em down & as an extra measure, use some water proof silicone seal.

Otherwise, when another P5 owner w/the stock chromies on sees the all black I catch them staring...or maybe it's because the wagon is just "different" overall...who knows...lol.

As i was reading this i was thinking of doing my headlights to match the rest of my car. i have a red p5 and i was wondering if anybody has seen that done and if it looks any good?

samm5149 said:
As i was reading this i was thinking of doing my headlights to match the rest of my car. i have a red p5 and i was wondering if anybody has seen that done and if it looks any good?
body color normally looks good at first, but after awhile it loses its awe effect..;)

but it does look good on laser blue...;)

yeah i definatly utilized the service manuel for my bumper removal, i only broke one clip (on the grill). my car looks way good, i used HondaBond HT to help reseal my lights when I was all done, I also shaped, molded, and installed a tytanium clear corner kit. It took me over 18 hours to do but man is it worth it, check out the pics, tell me what u you think

Attachments

• IMG_0714.jpg
    IMG_0714.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 588
  • IMG_0716.jpg
    IMG_0716.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 514
  • IMG_0717.jpg
    IMG_0717.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 588
PlatinumMSP said:
yeah i definatly utilized the service manuel for my bumper removal, i only broke one clip (on the grill). my car looks way good, i used HondaBond HT to help reseal my lights when I was all done, I also shaped, molded, and installed a tytanium clear corner kit. It took me over 18 hours to do but man is it worth it, check out the pics, tell me what u you think

should have blacked out the sides

Quick question. Has anyone had problems with dust, etc. in the lights after doing this? I tried really hard to keep the clear cover clean and away from anything that would get it dirty but at night it looks like there is a lot of dust inside. Will this eventually fall to the bottom and go away or am I going to have to pull the whole thing apart again?

magnumP5 said:
Quick question. Has anyone had problems with dust, etc. in the lights after doing this? I tried really hard to keep the clear cover clean and away from anything that would get it dirty but at night it looks like there is a lot of dust inside. Will this eventually fall to the bottom and go away or am I going to have to pull the whole thing apart again?
That's probably dust, & it's not going to go anywhere unless you take em back apart again....i know it sounds like a chore, but if you notice it, other ppl will notice it & that's a no-no right?
Next time do it where its not too dusty (I know it's hard....).
You should also use some POWDER FREE latex gloves....that will prevent oil from your hands/fingers from getting on there...and def prevent fingerprints.
(thumb)

Nevermind, it wasn't dust afterall. It was actually a bunch of small imperfections and dirt on the outide from general wear. Thanks for the help though.

Last edited:
Back