How To: headlight black out for P5!

60 may be a little too rough. just go get some 180 grit. you dont even really need to sand it all that well. you just need some fine sandpaper to scuff up the chrome piece.

wow i just did this diy and followed xswimordiex's how-to step by step, and i have to say i love the outcome. if anybody's contemplatin on whether to do it or not, i say definitely do it. the only pita was takin off the front bumper, but once that's off it shouldnt be all that bad. theres a pic of it in my sig. just my two cents :)

wont this mod cause your front headlights to fog up and have some major condensation because your cracking the seal between the front and back housings of the light? correct me if im wrong b/c when i did autobody i know eveytime someone cracked their lense housing it would condensate....just wanna double check b/c this b4 i attempted...black on black would look hot

well you do reseal it when your done. after your done painting and you reassemble you throw it back into the oven to remelt the glue and push it together again. if you are still paranoid i heard some people use silicone to reaseal it.
HFD45 said:
wont this mod cause your front headlights to fog up and have some major condensation because your cracking the seal between the front and back housings of the light? correct me if im wrong b/c when i did autobody i know eveytime someone cracked their lense housing it would condensate....just wanna double check b/c this b4 i attempted...black on black would look hot

yea thats true, it doesnt really come dowin to paranoia its more like being a perfectionist knowing its on my car.....but yea silicone would deff solve any leaking issue if reasembling goes wrong. Thanks guys!

The hardest part was trying to get the bumper off. I was looking for the mystery screws to drop the bumper. I was looking for them more towards the front of the car, but then I found them hiding in the fender at towards the top of it. I ended up breaking the secrete lock under the light though, but it went together and was unnoticable so if you break them, its not the end of the world. Great write up, I would have been stuck w\ chrome lights forever w\out it. I dont have the balls to venture out and do it myself. I needed the reassurance of directions

Black on White pics
IMGP1130.jpg

IMGP1132.jpg

IMGP1131.jpg

My first mod...I love you so...

What's up, Thanks for the great write up on this....It looks freakin hot on the midnight blue....It took me a while to get the bumper off, but after that it was smooth...Sanding and painting took me a loooong time, but I'm a perfectionist and got the results I needed to be happy. 3 coats of primer and 3 coats of paint later and I'm satisfied...at 3:30 in the morning took them for a ride. The first day it rained I got freaked with a little vapor in the light near the turn signal, but it hasn't come back and it's rained buckets since then.

Last edited:
Ive thought about getting overlays for the fogs, probably will when $ isnt too tight. Im bout over the damn amber driving lights, and I have a few cans of black spray paint with their names on it I think

Back