CX-5 Beauty Shot Thread

No doubt! Your 2016.5 CX-5 has kept the original “Kodo” design and is better looking than gen-2 CX-5!
"How so?" he askes, rolling his eyes. Kodo design is nothing more than a "less is more" or "refined elegance" aesthetic, with some extra marketing jazz tossed in. Given the touchy-feely nature of such things, you'd be hard pressed to find any clearly disqualifying characteristics in gen 2 vs. gen 1.

It's easier to define it by what it isn't, such as Hyundai's preference to crease sheet metal and cut out space wherever they can manage it on several models or the Toyota / Lexus in-your-face gaping maw grill they've used on some models--sad examples of "more is more".

You may not like this but Mazda only mentions Soul Red Crystal Metallic and Machine Gray Premium Metallic as paints that accentuate Kodo design. I guess black, white and any other are second class citizens (rolling eyes again).

"Soul Red Crystal Metallic is an expression of vitality and alluring transparency. Machine Gray Premium Metallic is the outcome of faithful reproduction of realistic metal feel painstakingly hand-crafted by our master craftsmen. Colors produced by TAKUMINURI, Mazda’s unique body paint technology with a feel of hand-painting by skilled artisans, accentuate the exuberant expression of
KODO DESIGN."

"How so?" he askes, rolling his eyes. Kodo design is nothing more than a "less is more" or "refined elegance" aesthetic, with some extra marketing jazz tossed in. Given the touchy-feely nature of such things, you'd be hard pressed to find any clearly disqualifying characteristics in gen 2 vs. gen 1.

It's easier to define it by what it isn't, such as Hyundai's preference to crease sheet metal and cut out space wherever they can manage it on several models or the Toyota / Lexus in-your-face gaping maw grill they've used on some models--sad examples of "more is more".
E4BF27C4-2760-4E19-B3C8-B289D7FF702F.jpeg

E8BB595E-A282-4C66-A0A3-DD2EE274DAF9.png

It's been a week short of two months since I posted some beauty shots of Alluka (never said my car's name on here before):LOL: Thought I'd share what I love most abt the cx5 in each pic this time:

#1 - The color in the sun is more purple-y vs. in the shade it's a more true blue - so pretty to me
IMG_1001.jpeg
#2 Speaking of color, I got an awesome parking spot next to a deep blue mazda3 and fellow cx-5!
IMG_1727.jpeg
#3 Cx-30 alert! Hope it's ok to post just this one Cx-30 shot (I didn't see a Cx-30 picture or beauty shot thread😅) - I had it for a loaner and thought this picture really highlighted the accented slopes of the 30 with the angle and the awesome sky!
IMG_2445.jpeg
#4 The sun was doing wonders, the grille looks sparkling and elegant yet aggressive. Thought this angle was awesome
IMG_2013.jpeg

Back