Berto 24 Protege Turbo build

Berto I just installed that Wideband myself. Im trying my way to tuning with an SAFC for the time being.... pa chillar goma el 29 jajaja

Looking good, that's some great stuff you picked up
hahaha see what you did there lol thanks

Checked everything before I handed in it for the tuning and installed the gauges
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

I received your PM and I think the best way to explain you is by drawing you a clear schematic. Here's exactly how I plugged mine (except that I do not run with a FPR) and my car runs very good.

As I said earlyer, the wastegate/boost controller/charge pipe circuit must be isolated to be the most "trouble free" possible.

I decided to bring the Megasquirt its private circuit to prevent from false readings and engine blowing if other accessories get faulty.

You should get yourself a vacuum line filter for the megasquirt... it really smoothens the signal and brings the tune easyer.

Check this out for your megasquirt: https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Boost-vacuum_zps38bb1eb3.png

Last edited:
I used the map line for the safc as well, that way both ECU and Stand Alone get the same reading. Dont know about the 1.6 mani, but the 2.0's has a vaccum pick up in the side, next to the VICS that goes to the MAP sensor. I " teed "that with a hard line thru the grommet and into the safc. Leave that only for those 2... let the vac block take care of the rest

I received your PM and I think the best way to explain you is by drawing you a clear schematic. Here's exactly how I plugged mine (except that I do not run with a FPR) and my car runs very good.

As I said earlyer, the wastegate/boost controller/charge pipe circuit must be isolated to be the most "trouble free" possible.

I decided to bring the Megasquirt its private circuit to prevent from false readings and engine blowing if other accessories get faulty.

You should get yourself a vacuum line filter for the megasquirt... it really smoothens the signal and brings the tune easyer.

Check this out for your megasquirt: https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Boost-vacuum_zps38bb1eb3.png
nice drawing all is perfectly clear thanks!

I used the map line for the safc as well, that way both ECU and Stand Alone get the same reading. Dont know about the 1.6 mani, but the 2.0's has a vaccum pick up in the side, next to the VICS that goes to the MAP sensor. I " teed "that with a hard line thru the grommet and into the safc. Leave that only for those 2... let the vac block take care of the rest
I believe I dont have that port

No you dont. The 2.0L and 1.6L have very different intake manifolds. The drawing I made you is with the 1.6 intake manifold.

How nice that you order new injectors!! and when you use it they are defective!! if anyone is planning to buy Smart Fire Injectors beware they aren't as good as they look! my (2cents)

I boost 12 psi with the FS-DE injectors without any problems.

For the 750cc injectors I don't know... Ask your tuner.

After 2 months working and waiting for my car its finally ready. Let me just say that is ******** unreal the power this things make is unbelievable. Its so fast I cant even describe it and that is considering I am just running 8 psi and my turbo hits full boost at 4000rpms. I will try to upload asap some videos

Back