Berto 24 Protege Turbo build

Berto I figure up to 250/275 torque should be good thresholds for a manual. Yours being auto it really depends on the construction of the torque converter. You see, autos have stronger gears than manuals, just make sure that your trans is performing without any hiccups that will become nuances with added power. Smooth shifts, no jumpy selections, no clutch slips. When you do find the trans you are looking for, either phantom or lsd it. Before that have someone open it up and have a good look at it, and rebuild/replace whats necessary. That way it would be a one time thing, swap it and hopefully no worries

Oh,and happy boosting

attachment.php

almost there

do any of you guys if it is normal for the car to stall I believe its because i haven't tune it yet but just to be sure anything is wrong another thing I also noticed is that the BOV isnt working do they need a hose or something?

Of course it needs a hose. Plugged on the other side of the TB.

It is normal if car does not run good if it is not tuned well.

In a custom turbo built it is a great add-on to get yourself a vacuum bloc. Vibrant sells one for a cheap price. You just put it in line with the brake booster line and you take the ports to the BOV, FPR, boost gauge, Megasquirt.

Just be careful to keep the one way valve in the brake booster line if you dont want to end up in the ditch or a wall...

So I searched for some info and from what I got I am going to plug the bov megasquirt lines to the vacuum block and the FPR line I am going to run it dedicated to the intake manifold

picked up today the turbosmart boost tee
attachment.php

Also ordered AEM wideband and a vacuum block

Last edited:
picked up some goodies today Turbosmart boost gauge AEM wideband and Vibrant Intake block this is almost ready!
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Nice quality parts man!

Before you ask, boost bauge will be plugged in one of the ports of your vacuum block; and vacuum block is between intake manifold and brake booster. Be careful to keep the one way valve in the OEM hose.

Wideband now; the sensor must be positionned at least 10 higher than middle of exhaust circumference. That means that the sensor must be in the upper side of the exhaust pipe so it wont get stuck with condensation/humidity. And sensor must be about 18" after the turbo.

Good luck buddy!

Berto I just installed that Wideband myself. Im trying my way to tuning with an SAFC for the time being.... pa chillar goma el 29 jajaja

Looking good, that's some great stuff you picked up

Back