Berto 24 Protege Turbo build

Hey man, nice going with the manifold, I knew you'd find someone. That Mazda meet sounds cool, maybe I'll stop by

today removed the oil pan, tomorrow hope to take it to the machine shop so that they can weld the oil return line fitting and also hope to have all pipes and inter cooler connected. Also installed the oil feed line it give a bit of a headache but it was all good, and then we cut some parts of the bumper to clear the way for the inter cooler pipes. We are also checking if we will need to move the battery to the trunk that thing is huge and I am 99% it interferes with the pipe that connects with the throttle body.

attachment.php

clearing the way for the pipes
attachment.php

same
attachment.php

oil pan removed
attachment.php

oil feed line

btw does anyone knows of a different grill for the 99-00 proteges I want to change it open to suggestions!

I did some progress today cut the bumper for fitting, not an easy job by any means, lol. Also finally installed the inter cooler I pretty much have the all the piping done just need a 2.5 to 2 reducer hose for the turbo outlet, then installed the wastegate and paint the grille black. I hope for friday I will have back my oil pan and the blow off valve flange already welded.

attachment.php

working with the pipes fitment
attachment.php

when finished it should look like this
attachment.php

inter cooler ready
attachment.php

grille painted black
attachment.php

custom made support bar for the manifold
attachment.php

wastegate tight fit

Make the EWG tube pop out of the hood! Lol, would be badass!

Nice progress! How did you cancelled the internal wastegate on the turbo?

So the only things remaining are:
-downpipe
-ecu and tuning
-boost and have fun!

Make the EWG tube pop out of the hood! Lol, would be badass!

Nice progress! How did you cancelled the internal wastegate on the turbo?

So the only things remaining are:
-downpipe
-ecu and tuning
-boost and have fun!
hahaha LMFAO
my turbo doesnt have an internal wastegate
yep I am dying to test it (alright)

You'll see, the ZM is much stronger than the FS.

I boost mine at 10-12 psi and it still wants more!

But watch out for your tranny, get yourself a G-type from a 1991 protege GT with some LSD (Mfactory).

You'll see, the ZM is much stronger than the FS.

I boost mine at 10-12 psi and it still wants more!

But watch out for your tranny, get yourself a G-type from a 1991 protege GT with some LSD (Mfactory).
that is a problem because that car was sold in the Canadian market so where I live there not a single one

OK... Puerto Rico is kind of far eh!

Si put a typeF tranny with quaiffe LSD in it. A guy on clubmazdaquebec sells one for 800$… that wouldn't cost much to ship.

So lets say I do the swap to the F25-MR transmission and put a good LSD differential and a good clutch how much power can I make without blowing the tranny up

Sorry I can not give you a clear answer on this!

I should pull out about 220-230 HP on mine. The other guy in St-Eustache pulled about 250 HP I think. And my other friend with the 1991 protege GT tranny is pulling near 400 HP.

I never tested the limit of the typeF tranny.

Back