Aftermarket HID kits

milkyxj

:
2013 CX-5 Touring FWD
Just ordered some aftermarked HID's from DDM Tuning (http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/Apexcone-Raptor-HID-Kit), and they're on sale so I thought I would share that. Our bulbs are H11, I'm going to put a pair of 5000k in the headlights and fog lights. I will do a write up when they get here and I put them in along with some pictures. If anyone has done this already and has tips let me know.

the raptors are fine as far as reliability goes, etc...but I much prefer the slim kit for the additional $10 http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-HID-Kit-Slim-Ballast-35W-or-55W

I've run both kits in numerous cars. The slims are just easier to mount and hide.

FWIW, I installed the slim kit on my CX-5 Sport. Install was very easy. Getting the bulb in the socket was a little tricky because you can't see it unless you shine a flashlight through a small area. You'll get it. Just make sure you get the bulbs mounted flush and proper or the beam pattern will look weird.

So that's all you need? Just a $30 or $40 kit?? What wattage did you go with?

I ordered the 35W kit H11 bulbs for low beams and fog lights, no cutting required it's plug and play. I am not replacing the high beams because they are also the DRL which won't work right on HID's as well as turning them off and on rapidly isn't good for HID's. The 55w is too bright for normal use and I have read on mazda 3 forums about them getting pretty hot as well.

To the guys that already swapped theirs, did you do the fogs too or just the low beams? Mine are shipped but they come from China so I expect a 2 to 3 week wait. When I do install them I'll get some pics up.

Im getting the DDM slim kit 8000k color for my GT w/ out tech package. Anybody know how to disconnect the battery?
Do u loose the automatic headlight feature if u install the HID's?

Just ordered some aftermarked HID's from DDM Tuning (http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/Apexcone-Raptor-HID-Kit), and they're on sale so I thought I would share that. Our bulbs are H11, I'm going to put a pair of 5000k in the headlights and fog lights. I will do a write up when they get here and I put them in along with some pictures. If anyone has done this already and has tips let me know.

Are the fog lights H11's too?

Are people getting the 5k or 6k color? What's closest to stock?

4500k is stock looking in my opinion and the best.

Had DDM 4500k 35W in my old Mazda 3 for around 2 years and they worked with no issues. Installation was super easy (even though I did it the hard way). Looking to do this upgrade soon for the CX-5. I think they even have videos on youtube on how to install them but I don’t know how different the installation could be on the CX-5.

The fogs are H11 too, I have 2 pair in 5000k on the way to do my low beams and fog lights. Whenever they get here I'll put them in and post some pictures. Auto headlights will still work with the HID's.

The fogs are H11 too, I have 2 pair in 5000k on the way to do my low beams and fog lights. Whenever they get here I'll put them in and post some pictures. Auto headlights will still work with the HID's.

Cool are you going with the 35w kit?

HID wont fit in the fogs

The fog lights have a metal deflector inside them, so the HID bulb wont fit properly (the HID bulb is about 1/4" longer than the H11). I debated to take apart the fog and remove the deflector...then figured it be cleaner and easier to just put yellow H11 bulbs in the fogs. If they make special short HID bulbs for this issue then let me know.

sooooo dealing with electronics freaks me out.. so we shouldn't have to worry about it melting the wires right?? getting shipped from china scares me :) and im chinese lol

I should receive my kits sometimes this week and i will take a few pics for you guys!

Back