225/55R19 Tire Comparison Table for CX-5 GT - Many to Choose From

I just got a set of the Conti LX25s. They are classified as SUV all season tires, so designed for vehicles like the cx5.

I just got a set of the Conti LX25s. They are classified as SUV all season tires, so designed for vehicles like the cx5.
Do you qualified getting $70 Visa gift card? And additional $50 off from Discount Tire?

I did get $70 rebate offer. They said they would send it in 8-12 weeks. The $50 offer must be a recent change.

I did get $70 rebate offer. They said they would send it in 8-12 weeks. The $50 offer must be a recent change.
See post #300 by HyFlyer about additional $50 discount by Discount Tire if you purchased LX25 from them.

Read the thread and found some great recommendations. Need to change my 2015 CX-5 Touring on the original 225/65R17 tires.

- BRIDGESTONE TURANZA QUIETTRACK, extra $60 off at TireRack, total $579.96.
- CONTINENTAL CROSSCONTACT LX25, total $555.96

Both should allow me to get the $70 visa card.

Thoughts?

Aren't you lucky? Both good choices and a good deal too.
Take the rebate give the Bridgestone quiettrack a try and don't look back.
Don't like my opinion and choose the Contis - and geez you still have some nice tires.

Read the thread and found some great recommendations. Need to change my 2015 CX-5 Touring on the original 225/65R17 tires.

- BRIDGESTONE TURANZA QUIETTRACK, extra $60 off at TireRack, total $579.96.
- CONTINENTAL CROSSCONTACT LX25, total $555.96

Both should allow me to get the $70 visa card.

Thoughts?
For 225/65R17 tire discussion, here’s a recent thread:

Tire Recommendations?

Bridgestone Turanza QuietTrack is categorized as Grand Touring All-Season tire and Continental CrossContact LX25 is categorized as Crossover/SUV Touring All-Season tire. Other differences are: QuietTrack has "800 A A" UTQG, weights 25 lbs., and has 44 psi maximum inflation pressure; and LX25 has "740 A A" UTQG, weights 27 lbs., and has 51 psi maximum inflation pressure. Both rated no. 1 on Tire Rack's current Tire Ratings Charts in different categories.

Tire Ratings Charts Grand Touring All-Season 225/65R17:
Tire Ratings Charts_Grand Touring All-Season 225-65R17_02.jpg

Tire Ratings Charts Crossover SUV Touring All-Season 225/65R17:
Tire Ratings Charts_Crossover SUV Touring All-Season 225-65R17_02.jpg

Choosing one between these 2 tires has become a personal preference. IMO finding a better tire installation store may be more important than choosing these 2 tires. I always like Discount Tire Store, or America's Tire Store in some areas, where they seem to be able to do the price-match against any tire sellers including online ones. They can always special order any tires I want even if they usually don't stock them. They can provide nation-wide service on free tire repair and warranty issues. They give you pro-rated credit for any miles left from mileage warranty when you need a new set of tires from them. And they have among the best tire installation and balancing Hunter machines to serve your expensive tires and wheels.

I managed to pick-up the littlest tiny nail on my 2016 CX-5 GT AWD and of course it's borderline on if it'll be in the "repairable" area. Doing my best to research tires (the factory stock Toyo's only have 25,000 mi on them). As you can tell, I don't drive too much (600ish miles per month), but comfort, durability, performance on dirt / gravel roads, and of course wet and dry performance are at the top of the list of my considerations. I live in Northern California, so in the 3.5 years I've owned the car, it's never touched snow (but someday I might need to head over the Donner Pass to get to Reno...you never know).

Anyway, on all my past cars I've gone with Michelin's, but I'm surprised to see their 22/55R19 "Premiere LTX" not getting the best reviews. Considering the Continental CrossContact LX25, but other than knowing the brand name, I'm not familiar with quality of Continental tires.

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions?

Thanks

both the michelin and the conti are very good. probably even the best in that size but pricey. If you can afford it go for either. Ignore the internet reviews.

I managed to pick-up the littlest tiny nail on my 2016 CX-5 GT AWD and of course it's borderline on if it'll be in the "repairable" area. Doing my best to research tires (the factory stock Toyo's only have 25,000 mi on them). As you can tell, I don't drive too much (600ish miles per month), but comfort, durability, performance on dirt / gravel roads, and of course wet and dry performance are at the top of the list of my considerations. I live in Northern California, so in the 3.5 years I've owned the car, it's never touched snow (but someday I might need to head over the Donner Pass to get to Reno...you never know).

Anyway, on all my past cars I've gone with Michelin's, but I'm surprised to see their 22/55R19 "Premiere LTX" not getting the best reviews. Considering the Continental CrossContact LX25, but other than knowing the brand name, I'm not familiar with quality of Continental tires.

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions?

Thanks

German Continental tires are as well-known as French Michelin tires but Continental hasn’t been aggressively involved the US market like Michelin does. So use Continental tires without hesitation. BTW, US General tires now are a subsidiary of Continental AG.

I were you I’d pick one among General AltiMAX RT43、Continental CrossContact LX25、and Michelin Premier LTX with price difference of about $30 per tire in between.

And I repost Tire Rack ratings here for size 225/55R19 and 225/65R17:

1472D1FF-B88E-4408-B310-3107B7874621.jpeg

E99E2747-1B70-4C98-A8FA-937427DA9385.jpeg

F71975E6-31CC-477C-AC08-AD94E77BC772.jpeg

Ever since I bought a new car with OE Continental tires I've bought three sets of aftermarket Continental's.
They've all been good tires. They are probably my favorite.
I read somewhere that three brands, Continental, Michelin, and Goodyear, have the roundest tires.

Thanks for all the feedback. If I end up needing a new set, I'll probably get them at my local America's Tire (aka Discount Tire elsewhere in the USA). I have gotten tires at Costco for years, but my local America's Tire has always treated me right and Costco customer service has been terrible (at least in the tire department) for a number of years. Anyway, looking at the America's Tire website, this is what they suggest as being "Best" under the following conditions. The General AltiMAX RT43 also get's high marks, but for some reason is only rated as "better" by them.

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD
225/55R19 99V
Warranty = 60,000 mi +
All Season Tires
Mileage set for what I've averaged.

EDIT / UPDATE: Turns out I was just inside the repairable zone, so I got it fixed for free at America's Tire (huzzah!!). But this thread has been super useful for when I do end up having to buy a new set. Thanks!!

Tires.jpg

Last edited:
I've been super happy with my Yokohama YK740GTX tires. Great handling tires, as comfortable as anything is going to be in that size, but probably noisier than some others.

At 30K I just replaced the factory tires with the Michelin Cross Climate 2 on our 2016.5 Grand Touring AWD. Got the full set on sale at Costco total tire/install $846.39 Quite, comfort is improved, Driving through water filled road ruts is not an issue.
4DF67DDE-53BC-4293-8171-E11A1D9664B4.jpeg

At 30K I just replaced the factory tires with the on our 2016.5 Grand Touring AWD. Got the full set on sale at Costco total tire/install $846.39 Quite, comfort is improved, Driving through water filled road ruts is not an issue.
View attachment 299428
Thanks for the report. The tread design on Michelin CrossClimate² definitely is very unique.

At 30K I just replaced the factory tires with the Michelin Cross Climate 2 on our 2016.5 Grand Touring AWD. Got the full set on sale at Costco total tire/install $846.39 Quite, comfort is improved, Driving through water filled road ruts is not an issue.
View attachment 299428
Is the tread directional? If so not easy to rotate to other side of car...

Is the tread directional? If so not easy to rotate to other side of car...
Yes, Michelin CrossClimate² is a directional tire. They can’t do tire rotation in semi-cross pattern as recommended by Mazda unless the tires unrealistically get dismounted and remounted during tire rotation.

C955DF35-2AC3-4554-BF91-30AD77A8654C.jpeg

BC214F32-5AAA-477A-92D9-5FA6795D0389.jpeg

Back