2015 Mazda CX-5?

I requested the brochure from the Aussie site and they are shown and mentioned in there however they are the same bumper located ones that are an added extra on the current uk model.

Where did Mazda announce infotainment changes to the 2015 Mazda6 and CX-5? Link please! Has to be official, not speculation..

I don't know what you mean by speculation. Automotive News is the industry "bible". The information is obtained from manufacture representatives.

http://www.autonews.com/article/20130826/OEM04/308269968/mazda6-cx-5-to-get-earlier-updates

Believe it or not; but within the automotive industry it is well known that Mazda plans on using the 3 infotainment/navigation set up in the 2015 6 and CX-5. Cost sharing reduces these costs to manufacturers.

P.S. The "official" announcement will come when Mazda "officially" announces the 2015 models, most likely at next week's NAIAS.

No manufacturer announces specific changes to new models while their dealers have full lots of the existing model.

I want to see that screen in direct sunlight. It must be an expensive screen to be view able, which I doubt that it will be. Screens, are usually buried in the dash to block sunlight getting to them. How this one will show the screen exposed like that?
How do you upgrade to an aftermarket unit, if you are not happy with it?

I don't know what you mean by speculation. Automotive News is the industry "bible". The information is obtained from manufacture representatives.

http://www.autonews.com/article/20130826/OEM04/308269968/mazda6-cx-5-to-get-earlier-updates

Believe it or not; but within the automotive industry it is well known that Mazda plans on using the 3 infotainment/navigation set up in the 2015 6 and CX-5. Cost sharing reduces these costs to manufacturers.

P.S. The "official" announcement will come when Mazda "officially" announces the 2015 models, most likely at next week's NAIAS.

No manufacturer announces specific changes to new models while their dealers have full lots of the existing model.

My CX 5 is expected at the dealer 20th of april, would that be a MY2014 or MY2015 ?

I want to see that screen in direct sunlight. It must be an expensive screen to be view able, which I doubt that it will be. Screens, are usually buried in the dash to block sunlight getting to them. How this one will show the screen exposed like that?
How do you upgrade to an aftermarket unit, if you are not happy with it?

Same can be questioned for Audi's pop up MMI, Benz's MyComand, and BMW's iDrive which almost all have screens of similar proportions and locations. From my experience (new C7 Audi A6, F30 328i, MB CLA), they work just fine unless in direct sunlight from having the sunroof completely open... Having test drive the new MZ3, the screen is just as viewable as the turd mini screen of the CX-5 if not easier to view.

I'm sure kits like Metra will be developed for at least single din replacements if need be.

Last edited:
And where can that single din be installed?
I'm happy that I have the old school dash.

+1
If the 2015 model is overdone, I will grab a 2014 Sport Manual before they are gone. I want to maintain the option for aftermarket Nav/Audio also.

Last edited:
Just a little speculation on outer look updates.
Assuming 2015 CX-3 is probably going to look like this:

http://www.autobild.de/artikel/mazda-cx-3-2015--4277688.html

I wonder how closely will match the "updated fascia" of 2015 CX-5.
I am not sure I prefer its back. Boot, bumper, lights, both exhaust pipes on the same side. They are not exactly to my taste.

I cannot see Mazda on the schedule but I hope NAIAS will definitely remove all the uncertainty.

That is a rendering done with no references or validity. There is no credibility to that post other than the fact that Mazda will release a compact SUV within the next two years.

If anything the grill would be extended further down and the tail lights would be skinnier. Look at how the Kodo design evolved from the CX-5 to the MZ3.

Here is the 3's interior. Where can be installed an aftermarket stereo, specially a 7" DD?

Attachments

• 025-2014-mazda3.jpg
    025-2014-mazda3.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 695
First of all, I said SINGLE din.
Second, no one mentioned about measure, and certainly a " 7" DD"...
Third, like all late Mazda's, the infotainment area is modular. Do you see the area around the screen with black plastic? That will be the first place any aftermarket dash kit manufacturer will look at. The main one being Metra. There have been dash kits to replace the navi screen of the gen 1 MZ3, MZ6, and RX-8 with a single din unit.
Fourth, you do not know if the new infotainment update will include a similar lay out like the new MZ3. If anything, it could be just the screen change into the center dash of the current CX-5.

Nothing totally confirmed in writing yet but yes when we ordered it was early in December (10th I think) and he has emailed saying he is sure it will arrive by then. We are still waiting on a chassis and VIN Number but I have no reason to doubt him! He has done amazingly for us so far price and spec wise and when we ordered he didnt even mention the new model coming out . We had no idea one was coming and he knew this also so could have stitched us up. He told us he would be in touch with details within a week or two but I hadnt heard anything.... I emailed him asking if he had sourced us a car yet from UK Stock and said I had heard about the new model and asked which model we were getting and if he could guarantee there would be no mirror and bonnet vibration issues. He simply told me that he assumed we would want the new model and made sure we were getting just that instead of selling me the old model which he could have done and got away with it. He also guaranteed no vibration issues and again said he is fairly sure 1st March is our delivery date but as with all of these things he hasnt literally confirmed it. He has left enough space for him to move the date if needs be but I am more than confident that will not happen.

I can highly recommend Donald's Mazda in Peterborough and specifically Michael Hill as a really decent, genuine and straight down the line sales man.

To get the screen in driver's field of view. Look at recent models of BMW, Audi and so on. It's a trend.
The second extreme is latest Dacia Duster. LCD somewhere behind the shift knob with view angles that bad that you cannot read it.

Back