2015 Mazda CX-5?

First of all hello everyone, I'm new here !

When, in your opinion, Mazda will unveil the 2015 CX-5 ?
Maybe there's a chance for the LA Auto Show that starts today ?

And what you think Mazda can add to the CX-5 ?
Personally, this is what I would like to see...

- New infotainment system, I think somebody else already mentioned the new one in the Mazda3...
- Paddle shifting...
- Power liftgate...
- Memory function on driver's seat...

You think there is a chance that they will add all this ?
My father is considering buying a SUV in 2014, for now the two strongest candidates are the new Rav4 and the CX-5... the Rav has all the things i mentioned before, I hope Mazda can add them to the CX-5 as well !

IMO I doubt the CX5 will feature any of these options besides the new infotainment system, though I do wish since purchasing the GT trim would include some of them. But all in all, the CX5 appears to me a "straight to the point" vehicle and that depending on your dad's purchasing timeline and must haves, the CX5 may come up a little short in terms of features but compensates with the driving experience. At least that's what got me to buy the CX5. I overlooked the clumsy infotainment, lack of built in lighting in the windows and door lock buttons, and etc for a more enticing machine.

Personally, this is what I would like to see...

- New infotainment system, I think somebody else already mentioned the new one in the Mazda3...
- Paddle shifting...
- Power liftgate...
- Memory function on driver's seat...

I suppose I'm too old school, I don't care for any of that. Paddle shifting will never replace a true manual for me. My wife's Odyssey has a power liftgate and I hate waiting for it. I can open and close a manual hatch much faster and stay drier in the rain. SkyActive is about weight reduction. I would rather skip memory seats (power seats as well) and use the 25 pounds for the seat motor to stiffen the fluttering hood/mirrors. I do not adjust a seat once set.

OK, guess I had to bite the bullet and "settle" for the 2014 CX-5 GT.

I was hoping for a better infotainment system we saw in the Mazda3 (easier to update in the future) and early march availability; but need a new car now.

I was not able to get a better deal than $200 below invoice even after contacting the dealerships around me.

OK, guess I had to bite the bullet and "settle" for the 2014 CX-5 GT.

I was hoping for a better infotainment system we saw in the Mazda3 (easier to update in the future) and early march availability; but need a new car now.

I was not able to get a better deal than $200 below invoice even after contacting the dealerships around me.

I have been informed by the dealership I purchased from in the UK that my facelift model will be delivered in time for us to pick it up as planned on March 1st.

Considering the 2015's don't go into production until next week, I don't expect the dealer to take delivery any time soon. The initial 2015's are expected no sooner than the end of February at the earliest.

Also, the dealer is showing prices for these. I didn't think pricing was going to be announced, along with the intro of the 2015's, until next week's NAIAS.

Last edited:
I contacted a few dealerships with the car listed in New Jersey and one said that since the car have not left the plant in Japan yet, there's no approximate delivery time.

The dealership around my area (Boston) says the usually time from order to delivery is 10-12 weeks (he ordered in mid-December for end of Feb/early March Delivery).

So probably some dealerships will be selling the cars earlier than others (e.g. west coast dealerships).

I contacted a few dealerships with the car listed in New Jersey and one said that since the car have not left the plant in Japan yet, there's no approximate delivery time.

The dealership around my area (Boston) says the usually time from order to delivery is 10-12 weeks (he ordered in mid-December for end of Feb/early March Delivery).

So probably some dealerships will be selling the cars earlier than others (e.g. west coast dealerships).

Did any of the dealerships have details on what the facelift changes actually are?

I have paddle shifters on the SHO. Neat idea, but total novelty, especially with nannies governing your upshifts/downshift.
However, nearly all new cars w/ auto transaxles feature the manumatic shifting. Moving this option from the gear selector to paddles on the wheel just amplifies the novelty effect.

According to the dealer I spoke with they said what they got from Mazda about the 2015's was that the outside did not change and the only thing that changed on the 2015 was
the shift knob that is in the 2014.5 and the Touring trim level will come standard with advance keyless entry. As with anything from a dealer regarding new models, I take it with a grain of salt.

According to the dealer I spoke with they said what they got from Mazda about the 2015's was that the outside did not change and the only thing that changed on the 2015 was
the shift knob that is in the 2014.5 and the Touring trim level will come standard with advance keyless entry. As with anything from a dealer regarding new models, I take it with a grain of salt.

You can probably take that with a grain of crap. Mazda already announced a change in infotainment/navigation systems for the 2015 6 and CX-5. The details will probably emerge next week at NAIAS.

You can probably take that with a grain of crap. Mazda already announced a change in infotainment/navigation systems for the 2015 6 and CX-5. The details will probably emerge next week at NAIAS.

Where did Mazda announce infotainment changes to the 2015 Mazda6 and CX-5? Link please! Has to be official, not speculation..

Back