Show me your wheels

:
Mazda Akera 2.2DE Auto 2015
Damnnnn some amazing pics on this thread!
I know I'm late to the party on this one but I just got my 2014 GT rims Powder Coated Gloss Black. It honestly looks like a new set of rims. Should have done this a long time ago. Also got 4" exhaust tips which are a must for this ride.

this looks awesome mate, I like the black wheels on the white cx5. I’m in 2 minds to either get a 19” 8.5J rim on my existing Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres or keep the pizza GT wheels like yours in black and rather get a 255/50/19 tyres.

I can’t find nice rims locally that I like or it’s like out of price range.
Tyre I’m going for next is https://www.errolstyres.co.za/tyre/falken/azenis-fk510/12662/PCFA1725

It can take a rim from 7-9”

see page 22 and 24

:
These looks decent, but I don’t like the thin spikes. I like the style of the thicker GT rim better.

chrisfern23

2017 CX-5 Touring
Hey guys - for those who have put on bigger wheels (20 inch) - I'm seeing some that almost look like a hatchback. Is that because they are also lowering the car? I want to put the bigger wheels on and I like the way the height looks but I'm trying to avoid that almost hatchback look. (Too each their own, all your cars look great I'm just going for a different look)

sm1ke

Work In Progress..
Contributor
:
Canada
:
'18 CX-9 Signature
Hey guys - for those who have put on bigger wheels (20 inch) - I'm seeing some that almost look like a hatchback. Is that because they are also lowering the car? I want to put the bigger wheels on and I like the way the height looks but I'm trying to avoid that almost hatchback look. (Too each their own, all your cars look great I'm just going for a different look)
If you want to maintain the height, your best bet would be to measure the total wheel diameter (tire+rim) and ensure that your new setup is not smaller than your current setup. The ones that look like hatchbacks are almost always lowered, but the lower profile tires do contribute to the look.

chrisfern23

2017 CX-5 Touring
If you want to maintain the height, your best bet would be to measure the total wheel diameter (tire+rim) and ensure that your new setup is not smaller than your current setup. The ones that look like hatchbacks are almost always lowered, but the lower profile tires do contribute to the look.
Thank you Sm1ke - how would I know the height of the new wheels I'm ordering?

I currently have stock 17 inch rims with 225/65/17 - I'm looking at 225/45/20

sm1ke

Work In Progress..
Contributor
:
Canada
:
'18 CX-9 Signature
Will I notice anything going from a +45 offset down to a +35 offset?
When you go to wider wheels/tires and lower offsets, be prepared to either install mudguards or deal with a dirtier car. This is because the exposed tire treads will kick water/mud up the sides of the car more easily.

Also, moving to a wider wheel/tire may result in improved traction, but it will also likely result in more rolling resistance due to increased weight. These are very minor changes that are marginal for most, but it might be worth noting.

chrisfern23

2017 CX-5 Touring
When you go to wider wheels/tires and lower offsets, be prepared to either install mudguards or deal with a dirtier car. This is because the exposed tire treads will kick water/mud up the sides of the car more easily.

Also, moving to a wider wheel/tire may result in improved traction, but it will also likely result in more rolling resistance due to increased weight. These are very minor changes that are marginal for most, but it might be worth noting.
Thanks Sm1ke appreciate it, seems like the benefits outweigh the negatives.

sm1ke

Work In Progress..
Contributor
:
Canada
:
'18 CX-9 Signature
Thanks Sm1ke appreciate it, seems like the benefits outweigh the negatives.
In many cases, that's true. For example, sometimes the OEM wheels are quite heavy. Usually this is due to the design (more spokes = more material = more weight) but often they are cast this way to improve durability. The OEM 20x8.5 CX-9 wheel weighs 39.55 lbs, while one of my current 22x10.5 wheels weighs 36 lbs. The extra width means more rolling resistance which should equate to a decrease in mileage, but the reduction in unsprung weight appears to offset the decrease in mileage (at least in my experience). Plus I like the looks, and the tires perform a little better, so in the end, it's a net positive for me.

Anyone have pics of this setup
19x8.5|5x114|45 19" 815kg CB73.1
Maybe with 255/50/19 tyres
And what do you think on this rim on a gen 1 cx5

reason I am asking is I don’t like the et45 offset and would have preferred et35-40.

1st one is an A-LINE Hostile MATTCHG Matt Grey
2nd A-Line Bombay
If it is for gen 1, I prefer A-line Bombay since the body of gen 1 is kind of bulk and fat. that is my prefer tho.
which one do you like the most?

:
If it is for gen 1, I prefer A-line Bombay since the body of gen 1 is kind of bulk and fat. that is my prefer tho.
which one do you like the most?
The bombay actually, it’s got more meat and appealing to the eye. Waiting to see the et they come out with, hopefully between 35-40. If it’s 45 et, how do you think it will look with 255/50/19. In the interim I can use my 235/55/19 in the meantime, will there be any rubbing issues.

The Bombay’s I’ll make then antracite, gloss black or Matt black. Which black suits the cx-5 best with the existing black trim.

:
2018 Mazda CX-5 Touring Machine Gray
Anyone have any experience running 10” wide wheels in the front? I’ve seen staggered setups with 10” in rear but wondering if anyone tried square