CX-5 Brake replacement suggestions?

Hello,

Looking for brake replacement suggestions for my '16 CX-5 sport.

Any good experiences/suggestions with a good set of brakes? Would prefer all brake parts to be the same brand (front and rear).

Thanks.

:
Southwest Ohio
:
'19 CX-5 diesel
Last a while? I'm on the original brakes...30,000 miles.
I've not had any wear issues with any brakes I've ever used. I'm @ 105k miles on my 16.5 cx5 on original front pads. Never had any issues with Raybestos.

yrwei52

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech Pkg
Contributor
:
Plano, Texas, USA
Hello,

Looking for brake replacement suggestions for my '16 CX-5 sport.

Any good experiences/suggestions with a good set of brakes? Would prefer all brake parts to be the same brand (front and rear).

Thanks.
I believe knowing the maintenance mode on your rear brakes with EPB, and not turning your rear caliper piston when you do the piston push-down are more important than picking up a good set of brake pads. Make sure to read this excellent thread first by tomcat1446:

Maintenance Mode for 2016/2017 CX-5 electronic brakes

The factory rear disk calipers on your 2016 CX-5 are having some issues. Mazda has revised these to prevent disk dragging or even locking up. See the attachment of the TSB by Anchorman for details:

TSB R052/16C - Noise from REAR BRAKE/Trace of Rear Brake Dragging

I’d use OEM brake pads (NOT the OEM Value Products brake pads) for my brake pad replacement.

:
16.5 CX-5 Tour/AWD
I recently replaced all (4) rotors and pads yesterday with the Raybestos Element 3's along with a brake bleed. My setups below:

Old:
Fronts
: Akebono ACT Ceramics
Rotors: CarQuest Platinum Painted

Rears: Mazda OEM
Rotors: Mazda OEM OEM

New:
Fronts
: Raybesto Element 3
Rotors: Raybeto Specialty - Street Performance; Coated Rotor

Rears: Raybesto Element 3
Rotors: CarQuest Platinum Painted

After driving 100 - 120 miles, I can say that the Element 3's have a better bite and they stop much quicker in wet or dry. Not an apples to apples comparison but considering the front does 70% of the braking with the rear being 30%, I prefer the EHT3's more.

:
2014 mazda cx-5 touring FWD
Another thumbs up for the Raybestos Element 3's. I used these on my front brakes and in addition to having better grip and modulation feel, they were a lot cheaper. The OEM Mazda pads and the (separately sold) stainless steel pad guides totaled out to about $100 for online purchase. The Raybestos pads included new guides and cost about $37 delivered. No brainer for when I do the brakes again.