ZPS Build Thread

The biggest issue I had was the headrest moving around. That is why the bungee cords are there. I just used 3/4" aluminum square tubing from the home depot.

Nope, just drilled a hole in it and put a bolt through it. That way I can get a big washer on the other side to distribute the load. You can kinda see the washer in the picture.

I wonder in a crash where the bar will end-up lol

I will find a solution to mount my Go-Pro, I like the home made mounts, they do the job well. I just have a hard time thinking about racing with a piece of metal rod pointing toward my neck :)

Yea, I made one yesterday and couldn't stop thinking about someone hitting me and it going strait in my neck. It'll just be an autocross thing for me.

The has to be a better placement a design to film and keep pointy objects away.

I will look into it this summer, right now I'm focusing on getting my money for Brake pads, rotors, wheels, dampers and the front swaybar :) If I can I will buy the CS exhaust + Race Pipe, I hate the limp exhaust tip on the oem muffler.

so I signed up for the next track day at AMP in the fall. Oct 19th. I look forward to bettering my times. I am just trying to see what I can have on the car by then. I am hoping to have a different set of wheels so I won't be running the stock 6" wide wheels. There are a few other things I have in the works. Should be ready within the month.

Oh and the Miata got a hardtop. Yay!!
1932475_10101335708536308_1492952650_n.jpg

OK so small update.

This weekend I should be close to finishing a special project. Not something you would normally think I would work on, but it is something I am interested in. I am going it on the cheap so I can try to do some strange stuff. Ok that was probably jumbled up enough to understand.

Also with DDMWorks there are a number of things which we are planning. Only time will tell when the new items will be come available, but they are worth waiting for.

When I had my MX-5, I loved my hard top. Made it look like a little Viper GTS :)

One guy in the Miata club modded the hard to by removing the glass and closing the back end flush with only the "louvers" a bit like the one on a Lotus Exige
0505_12006_Lotus_ExigeRear_Drivers_Side_View.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
It look alright but funny. It would have been cool if he only did the middle part of the hard top.

I can't wait to see the next gen MX-5, sounds like it will be perfect :)

Last edited:
Well, here is the thing I have been working on. I am making a sub box for the 2 using the 2 6.5" door speakers from the Miata. It actually works surprisingly well. Ported box tuned down near 30Hz. Using an old Crossfire CFA142 amp. The main issue I have is that when I turn it up, there is a certain point where the radio just stops working. I mean the screen works just fine, but nothing comes out of the speakers. Anyone have any idea as to what that might be? I am thinking that the car has a current loop on the battery and if it sees too high of a current it shuts something down. I am planning on looking in the factory service manual tonight to see if it says anything.

attachment.php

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 517
Well I got the problem solved. In short because I spliced into the factory rear speakers for the input of the amp through RCA cables what was happening was that when turned up the voltage would be high enough to break through a diode in the amp which prevents you from having + and - slipped on the amp input. When you break through the diode it basically would short out the speaker signal which caused the radio to go into a safe mode. I added 2, 20Kohm resistors on the signal going to the amp to lower the voltage and it works fine. Sounds damn good.

Anyway performance mods will be resuming shortly.

Latest posts

Back