WOMP protege supercharger project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some one explain to me once again how this magic device will not become so heatsoaked? If he has the intake air coming from the drivers side of the engine bay, running next to the header, to the blower, then down and out the blower (which apparently doesn't produce friction, which produces MORE heat) then between the radiator (filled with hot ass coolant and water) and the header (do I seriously need to explain how hot this thing gets?!) and around the motor up to the throttle body. This motor will become so heat soaked in 10 minutes of driving, I wouldn't be surprised to see this motor take a crap on the driver in one week of regular driving at that rate. The thought was great, the design wasn't, and the people that so whole-heartedly support this need to really think about all the factors, not just "ooh, I get 6psi of constant boost!? and a flat power curve?!"

I will leave you with this. You buy the thing that you think is so great, but don't be disappointed with the results you get. I have seen plenty of turbo and S/C cars in my days. I even know two people who have the same car but one has a vortech S/C and the other has a turbonetics t04. And I have seen with my own eyes what the both can do. I am by no means trying to make fun of your friend. Like yourself I am a Protege owner. I just don't think that this WOMP is going to work the way you all think it is. Nor do I think that it is cost effective for the performance you think it will have. If I can't voice my opinion on a forum about something I think won't work, then what is the point of posting on this site period. You go to any other section on this site and you see people who agree and disagree with what people say. That is the purpose of these forums. So that other people can voice there opinion on different items that they have seen and learn about things they have not.

Rism, chill the **** out man. Quick being a dick.

The headers get hot, but that piping running next to the headers will not get nearly as hot as the air coming through a turbo, which is actually attached to the headers. The MSP has plastic pipes and a little dinky ass side mount intercooler that gets virtually no air flow, but heat soak isnt a problem with that until the boost is cranked up (keep in mind, a turbo is actually a part of the exhaust mani)

The fact is, no one knows how heat soak is gonna effect the actual power output of the engine. Oh wait, yeah we do. How'd we figure it out you ask? Physics, my friend, the modern scientific miracle governing the laws of nature since time began. Heat soak wont be an issue on this blower, and if, by some freak chance, it is, then the solution is simple. The price will go up (still below most turbo kits) and an FMIC will be added. That's why Matty is going to test the kit very thoroughly on his own car and volunteers (guinee pigs) before he releases it to the public.

Did I post s*** about a turbo kit? No, so lets show the world how to read rism...come on. Let "Matty" come on here and explain. I'm dying to know the answers. Yes S/C's make good numbers, but it's also vehicle dependant right? You guys are following him like some sheep. Ok Cali people, I wanna see this be carb legal too.

Matty: Here you go kids, here's a S/C kit with a Stand alone EMS, go tune, have fun and if you can't pass emissions and can't figure out why your ride is royally screwed now, then just hold on, I'll climb outta my tub and come over to B.F.E. to help you out. Wait, I can't get mine running long enough. Never mind.

n2o99civicsi: hahahaha....told you he is full of crap. Now everyone praise him for being the first person to offer up a S/C for the Protege.

What are you talking about. All the kits come with intercoolers. The only one with the intercooler over $3000 is the one from wagner. You call me the stupid but you can not even read the discription of the kit. Now I know why you are a WOMP supporter.

Ok Einstein, explain how heatsoak won't be a problem with this thing. Unless you are putting NASA space shuttle heat tiles on it, it's going to be a problem. I'm not spending 3K for something that's not cooled, and I diffently am not spending MORE money after you find out you are wrong and have to add an I/C. Thanks protito for the info on the s/c's. I think I will buy something a little cheaper and adds more power to my car and leave the WOMP for amateaurs.

Protege Extreme Turbo Kits Include:
- Garrett T25 Turbo w/ Wastegate
- Cast Exhaust Manifold
- Chrome Heat Shield
- Downpipe w/ Gasket
- TSI Blow Off Valve (BOV)
- TSI High Flow Front-Mount Intercooler<-------read this rism.
- Polished Aluminum Intercooler Piping
- SS Braided lines for Water Cooling
- SS Braided lines for Oiling
- Return Hose and Fittings for Oil to Pan
- All Hoses & Clamps
- All Necessary Hardware & Fittings
- Generic Install Instructions

Supersteve, I'm not going into it here, mostly cause I dont wanna draw out s*** and look up equations and then scan them in here. Not for you man. You've been nothing but a dick since you came here. Not a single intelligent, helpful question, nothing but s***.

And protito posted links to turbo kits man, not superchargers...

You call this piece of s*** that your buddy is trying to develope is intelligent? The reason you can't get into it is because you don't have a ******* clue what you are talking about and are trying to hang on the shirttail of someone else. This thing sounds like a piece of s*** and you are backing it because you don't have a clue how about "the modern scientific miracle governing the laws of nature" Get a grip man!

Oh, with my bs, right? What do I know about physics? Well, I'm majoring in it, for starters. I can guarentee that a semi-retarded goat knows more than you anyway, so I'm not gonna bother with you any more.

protito said:
Did you read anything that I wrote. The point is, is it even worth the trouble to produce a S/C with 6lbs of boost when you can buy a turbo kit for cheaper and gain better hp number at the same boost. No matter how high the boost is, when matched by a turbo the turbo nets better numbers.
Proito, this is NOT the aim of this thread. Please. Many are aware of the differences, and there have been many discussion about such. Please leave this thread if that's what you are here for. We don't need any convencing of what's better.

Why do you give two s**** about the WOMP??!! You are boosted!!! We're still waiting for the tub master to come out and explain.

Haha, yeah man I'm real hurt.

Linux, could you close this thread for a while until these guys go away? It's just making it cluttered.

Dude please stop creating forums names to bash this kit. Trying to make it seem like like its 20 people hating on it when its 1 person that has nothing better to do.

Im in no way being a dick chicken im telling them they have no idea what they are talking about and they dont.
They think matty is throwing a bunch of parts together and seliing it without testing it or tuning it. This is a complete lie. Matty is flying juan up to his house ot tune the haltech for multiple levels of psi. He has been working on this kit for months and the only reason its being delayed is because matty wants this kit to be rock solid. If you look on the first page there is a video of matty holding his hand on the SC which is less then a inch from the header and its not even near hot enough to burn him.

First of all the name is PROTITO. So try to spell right. Secondly are you getting mad because you are trading your turbo for a womp. Then sorry to hear that. You want me gone then kick me off like WOMP boy himself did on the other site. Until then **** off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back