Winter Tires

Tire Rack has 16" steelies for the speed3 winter tire package listed again. Just ordered mine with WS-60's

Ordered a set of steelies and Hankook i-pikes from Town Fair, they price matched the $55 each steel wheels and gave me the Hankooks for the price of Firestone Winterforce tires, $67 each and I get a better tire. The only thing I paid extra for was the alignment and sales tax, It was $681.45 total, and I get a better set of tires.

ok so i know a while back someone asked me for pics but i was too lazy to put the wheels on so here you go.

Attachments

• Mazdaspeed 3 024.jpg
    Mazdaspeed 3 024.jpg
    365.3 KB · Views: 157
I know this sounds like a stupid question, but with steelies, how are you verifying that nothing is rubbing? Also, is the wheel hub exposed in the center? I know on the steelies I had on my Grand Am, the wheel hubs were exposed and got all rusted out..

dirtyride3.jpg

hub.jpg

Also, why can't you use tire pressure sensors on steelies?

Last edited:
If I got steelies, i'd probably be required to get Rally Armor's because nothing's more JDM than a steelied-out STI-wanna be MS3! (completely kidding).

I noticed my centers were a little rusty, I'll pick up some semi gloss in the morning, I already have some primer. Although if I paint them pink they might look like nipples!

Well, I ended up selling the WS-50's that I picked up cheap along with the O.Z.'s but made out very well doing so. I Chose to mount some 205/50/17 Blizzak LM-25's on there instead :)

They handle excellent on dry pavement vs the WS-50's that seemed squirly as hell under even mid-level throttle. Much quieter as well.

105667393.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed my centers were a little rusty, I'll pick up some semi gloss in the morning, I already have some primer. Although if I paint them pink they might look like nipples!

(rofl)(rofl)(rofl)

I read this at work earlier today and literally busted out laughing.

You're going to paint the wheel hub that's already rusty? Or the wheel itself?

Back