Who's stiil making payments on the MSP?

jbrewer4639

Contributor
:
2003 mazdaspeed protege
I was just wondering who else was unfortunate enough to be in the same boat as me. I got caught in a bind and got raped on the price because of it but in 17 months or less I will finally be free.

im on payments but i only bought the car used like 3 years ago.

i actually got a decent deal on mine at the time. could almost regret it if it wasnt for going outside when the cars spotless and seeing the way in shines in the sun :)

That was my mind set when I bought it. I needed a ride bad and nothing for the cash I had at the moment came through. So it was the MSP or a triple black mustang gt 5 speed. When I came back with the check from the bank the stang was gone so MSP it was and if it wasn't for it being a awesome ride, looking and driving, (when it's working right) I would have been traded it for something faster. Plus from the dealer I had no rear speakers, hazard button broke, non-stock wheels, no manual, no oringal key or key fob, and the stock amp, radio and sub gone.

Last edited:
I still owe about $4200 on my 216k miles msp....sadly. and it looks like ill have to go forged before its paid off....again sadly. But here again I've only had the car for 2 years and 5 months. And had $3500 tacked onto the price from negative equity on my last car but that's a whole mother can o worms

I still owe roughly 6k on mine.. upside down like crazy and problems out the ass since I purchased it... if I go perm at this new job I should have it paid off or damn near it within a year from now.

I purchased mine for 12k after tax, title, tag, 3rd party warrenty(not really worth it if the car is modded or your goign to mod it) with 49k(I think) and now the car has somewhere between 109k-110k on it an going up.

Last edited:
1 more year of payments for me. At least I'm at the point where I could sell mine if I wanted and have money leftover after the payoff.

Don't feel bad guys I bought mine august of 09, for close to 14g after everything was said and done, just paid it off on Feb of this year.. I felt like I got raped that's why I said f it and tried to pay it off ASAP.

Don't feel bad guys I bought mine august of 09, for close to 14g after everything was said and done, just paid it off on Feb of this year.. I felt like I got raped that's why I said f it and tried to pay it off ASAP.

I don't feel I got raped but feel I could of gotten a better deal on better condition protege. mine was beat all the hell and beings that this is my first turbo car it has been one hell of a learning curve. After everything is all said and done... Everything will be replaced by the time I get it running 100% except the engine if it doesnt go boom due to my boost issues(boost cut like crazy with a ATP WGA even at 6psi in the mornings)

I bought mine in May of 2010 with 68k for 7600. I currently owe 3640 and make payments of 120 per month. Overall I'm more than happy with the purchase

I got the 36yr loan at a ungodly interest rate and have right at 5000gs left to pay, 104000 on the dash, replaced dam near every part on the car, and make poo-poo for money. My payments are more than 400 a month and insurance is even higher. My luck sucks:(

Mine will be paid off this November. Then the half the money will go to paying off school early and the other to the paint job next year and exterior parts. Can't wait till she looks like new again.

paid straight $100 dollar bills for mine...

here's the pic i took before i went to buy it:

6775_1104114611176_1476060073_30338102_6368058_n.jpg

Back