Wheel Spacers: Any interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i want to know what you can do for an order of four spacers and four sets of studs

i pm'd you on what i'm looking for and no respond so far ??????????
but here it is again :
front pair 3/8"
rear pair 1/4"
4sets of longer studs
based on you're knowledge on the stock studs spec and the spacers that i'm asking for you tell me which longer studs do i need (I'm sure i might need longer ones for all four corners but you tell me what size).

now if what i'm asking for isn't something you'd recommend lmk.
but i don't wanna make 3/8" the rear bc of rubbing issue that may rise, 1/4" is pretty good imo.

i need this asap before i do 4 wheel alignment , don't wanna do it twice in a month.

Everyone will want the 2.5" studs... which I think is all i have on the website right now...

Pretty much anything over the 1/8" spacers will need to go to the longer studs...

I must have glazed over your PM and not responded.. I try to respond when I read them or that happens... so my apologies on missing respondign for you.

I don't see any issue with the sizes you chose, but I also don't know what your setup looks like, so I can't say what you did or didn't do for potential for rubbing etc...

Let me know if there is more response you need.

thanks!

Steve

Just purchased mine... what all is involved in replacing the studs? Also I saw you have a manual transmission cooler kit, which is cool. You should do a oil cooler kit. Or maybe I should not be lazy and make my own :D

i pm'd you on what i'm looking for and no respond so far ??????????
but here it is again :
front pair 3/8"
rear pair 1/4"
4sets of longer studs
based on you're knowledge on the stock studs spec and the spacers that i'm asking for you tell me which longer studs do i need (I'm sure i might need longer ones for all four corners but you tell me what size).

now if what i'm asking for isn't something you'd recommend lmk.
but i don't wanna make 3/8" the rear bc of rubbing issue that may rise, 1/4" is pretty good imo.

i need this asap before i do 4 wheel alignment , don't wanna do it twice in a month.

what issues will i run if the front are bigger spacer than the rear in general , a friend of mine said i'd be doing alignment very often if i don't put the same size spacers all around.
what is you're input on this or any other isssues i could face on the future ??
well as now stock on suspension and brake department.

and how much could you get me those spacers with set's of longer studs ??

P.S do i need the open lug nuts or just use the stock ones ??

Last edited:
because the stock lug nut is closed on the end, a longer stud would bottom out in the nut before the nut could clamp down on the wheel.

what issues will i run if the front are bigger spacer than the rear in general , a friend of mine said i'd be doing alignment very often if i don't put the same size spacers all around.
what is you're input on this or any other isssues i could face on the future ??
well as now stock on suspension and brake department.

and how much could you get me those spacers with set's of longer studs ??

P.S do i need the open lug nuts or just use the stock ones ??

Your friend has no idea what he is talking about... sorry! The spacers have NOTHING to do with your alignment.

Only thing that "theoretically" can happen is that when you go to a wider wheel base or wider tire or so forth that the angle of forces on the wheel bearing changes a bit and could cause it to wear faster, but it is rare and I haven't heard of anyone having problems in any period of time that really points to a spacer being at fault etc... so that's a non-issue as far as I'm concerned, but wanted to explain.

shop confirmed that I'm getting "some" this week, and the rest mid to late next week of what I have on intial order. So I should fill the orders that are in to me right now by the end of next week. The ARP stuff is due in on 8/7 though right now... working on bettering that.

You CAN grind down the wheel studs to a length that works for your lug nuts... every lug nut is different on depth.. some people may have deper ones than others etc... I know my lug nuts have a good extra half inch of space in them... so with the spacers etc I might get close on being able to use them without grinding, but I intend to measure and set it all.

Replacing studs is easy... I'll verify it's the same on our cars as I'm used to it being, but typically you take a hammer and hit them from the front and they'll come out the back.. then you put the new one in and use a set punch to set it into it's hole (just because the rotor gets in the way of the hammer) and that's it... you have to rotate though so you bring each stud to a point where you can bang it out without hitting the caliper or the suspension... but that's usually about it... just some brute force needed. Some cars require you to take the rotor off though, not sure if ours needs that yet or not...I'll be documenting everything when I do it next week.

later,

Steve

Just purchased mine... what all is involved in replacing the studs? Also I saw you have a manual transmission cooler kit, which is cool. You should do a oil cooler kit. Or maybe I should not be lazy and make my own :D

the problem with the oil cooler kit is finding good feed locations. Not a fan of sandwich plates so that is why I've never done it really...

Your friend has no idea what he is talking about... sorry! The spacers have NOTHING to do with your alignment.

Only thing that "theoretically" can happen is that when you go to a wider wheel base or wider tire or so forth that the angle of forces on the wheel bearing changes a bit and could cause it to wear faster, but it is rare and I haven't heard of anyone having problems in any period of time that really points to a spacer being at fault etc... so that's a non-issue as far as I'm concerned, but wanted to explain.

yeah but remember that i'm using bigger in front and a bit smaller size spacers in the rear , will that kinda mess up my car ?????

as far as deal what the best you can do for my request ?????
lmk

shop confirmed that I'm getting "some" this week, and the rest mid to late next week of what I have on intial order. So I should fill the orders that are in to me right now by the end of next week. The ARP stuff is due in on 8/7 though right now... working on bettering that.

You CAN grind down the wheel studs to a length that works for your lug nuts... every lug nut is different on depth.. some people may have deper ones than others etc... I know my lug nuts have a good extra half inch of space in them... so with the spacers etc I might get close on being able to use them without grinding, but I intend to measure and set it all.

Replacing studs is easy... I'll verify it's the same on our cars as I'm used to it being, but typically you take a hammer and hit them from the front and they'll come out the back.. then you put the new one in and use a set punch to set it into it's hole (just because the rotor gets in the way of the hammer) and that's it... you have to rotate though so you bring each stud to a point where you can bang it out without hitting the caliper or the suspension... but that's usually about it... just some brute force needed. Some cars require you to take the rotor off though, not sure if ours needs that yet or not...I'll be documenting everything when I do it next week.

later,

Steve

what size spacers are you going for you're self ?? and what studs size you gonna use ??

the reason i don't wanna use different lug nuts is that the one i have are matching the rims and have the lock nut for each tire thats kinda rare around so finding another one would be a headache.

now when you try in your's see if for 1/4"spacers you could use the stock studs , I know for 3/8" spacers i'll need longer studs but see if you can get the proper one not something that'll stick out like an arrow .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back