Wheel Spacers: Any interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurfBurn

:
'01 Yellow MP3 #1026
I'm in the process of getting some quotes. I'm having some made for a project i'm in the middle of, and can potentially get you guys any thickness you want from 1/8" up to about 3/8" in 1/16" increments. I'll work out pricing, but they'd be sold in sets of 4. They will be custom fit to our hub sizes and bore diameters rather than being sloppy generic ones. Also will be cut from T6 sheet stock.

Thanks!

Steve

i'd be interested in some 1/8-inch to replace the crappy generic ones i have. i'd like to see exact center bore to match the protege hub, and an outer diameter to match the hub size of the brake disc. (to make it look better through the wheel) i hope thats not too much to ask for...

njaremka said:
i'd be interested in some 1/8-inch to replace the crappy generic ones i have. i'd like to see exact center bore to match the protege hub, and an outer diameter to match the hub size of the brake disc. (to make it look better through the wheel) i hope thats not too much to ask for...

That's exactly what I"m doing.. matching the center bore for a snug fit (20 thousandths clearance) and matching the brake disc hub (or compromising between front and rear if there is a difference). I wanted to make sure it would be a good quality part.

I have the solid models drafted up already, and am checking them against my car and taking additional measurements so I can make sure I don't miss anything.

I'm not sure what they'll tell me on cost... but I'm HOPING to have a sale price around 40 bucks for a set of 4 if I can... but I won't know until i get the numbers back. They'll be water jet cut out of solid aluminum sheet, so they'll be very accurate and very flat.

Later!

Steve

Sell them in pairs. Our cars can use more spacer on the front than the back. That way we can maximize the spacing at both ends without having to buy 8 spacers

I may do "offset sets" where I'd do the bigger spacers for the front with a set for the rears... my concern is that the fewer I cut at once the more it will cost me, so that is why I don't want to get into just cutting 2 of a size for someone. I'm also not sure how popular these will prove to be either so it's hard to say if I can get 20 pieces at a time or not too.. right now I"m going to price and plan to just doing them in batches of 4, and if we want to do a larger buy of some sizes then I can do a group buy to cut down the cost.

As soon as I get a quote back from the shop. I'm hoping by tomorrow, I'll call them if I don't hear back by tomorrow morning.

Have an option to buy the extended studs along with spacers if people want them. I like buying everything I need from one place.

Just wanted to update you guys. I didn't get a hold of the shop on Friday to get pricing. So I'm working on that side of things still and hopefully will have answers early this week.

It also sounds like the route will be to do the spacers in pairs rather than sets of 4. So we'll price accordingly for that. I'll also offer the lugs and whatever other options I find useful after talking with you guys.

Later,

Steve

I'll definitely take 2 sets of 1/8" spacers. Perhaps one set of slightly thicker ones for a staggered setup.

know is there a handling difference or is a more of a comsmetic look to get the spacers

Well, theoretically the wider stance helps your cornering and stability.

I just want them for the more aggressive look. Even a 1/8th inch spacer
will help.

Yes, you can get a minor handling advantage... it's really for making corrections of offsets of rims that are not available and so forth. Once you go over anything about 1/8" you more or less NEED to go to a longer wheels stud.... but I know some people don't until longer etc etc... but anyway...

No quote today, so I should see it tomorrow.

Lead time from the quote should be two weeks or less.

Later!

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back