Wheel Spacers: Any interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my quote... came in a little more expensive than I hoped, but not horrible. I had originally hoped for about 10 dollars a spacer which would match most of the "generics" I see out there, but no luck... here is the pricing right now: (but if we order them in a larger batch for a few people at a time we could probably pull pricing down some)

1/8" (3.2mm) - 28.72 (pair)
1/4" (6.35mm) - 33.65 (pair)
5/16" (8mm) - 36.52 (pair)

We also will offer the longer ARP studs in pair (two hubs - 10 bolts) for 27.50.

We can also get lug nuts for you guys if needed too.

I have a few sets of the above spacers all on order, and will add some 3/16" and some 3/8" ones if someone pre-orders them. I will also be adding these all to the website so you can purchase it all through there as well as complete "kits"

Thanks!

Steve

actually, for "custom" fit spacers, i don't think the pricing is all that bad. they will be "custom" fit for the protege, right?

Sign me up!

1) protephile..........1/4" spacers & studs

I'm interested in the lugs possibly also. Can you post a price?

I'll take a pair of 1/8" spacers, 1/4" spacers, and one set of extended studs. Also interested in seeing what the lugs you get are.

Yep, custom fit exactly to our hubs... 20 thousandths clearance around the center bore to allow for your studs to be off a bit (and those are cut to 13mm instead of the 12mm they actually are... but that is only like a 40 thou difference in itself) and the overall hub diameter is matched exactly. The only thing I have not 100% confirmed is if the fit is as perfect on an MSP because of the different rotors, but the info I have indicates there shouldn't be any difference. If someone has one and gets these and isn't happy no questions asked on the return!

I have some 1/8", 1/4" and 1/16" coming, and can add some additional if needed. They just took the order today, and they will run it sometime next week, so I'm sure I can get more added if you guys need some over the weekend...

I'm working on the leadtimes on the ARP studs right now... I can get them but the lead might be like 2 weeks which sucks, so I might start having to stock some of them.

The lugs I'm trying to get are small diameter M12x1.5 60 degree conical seat lugs. They actually have some in "extra deep" that may allow you to keep a closed end over the bolts. But I'm also looking at the open end ones... roughly looksl ike a set of 20 will run around 25 or hopefully less.

the center bore is the same between all protege5 / ES / mazdaspeed hubs.

how much longer are the "extended" studs?

cool... whats your eta on being able to take orders and ship these out? i'm thinking of being down for a set of (4) 1/8 spacers and a set of (20) studs. will there be "set" discounts for "four corner" orders?

extendeds are 2.5" long (but I can get 3.5" long if need be) and the stockers are 1.6" long (42mm)

I'm going to try to get the products and kits and all the options up under a new section on the website on Sunday probably. There will be discounts for certain combinations etc... a few percent here and there where I can. Also, if enough orders come together over the weekend that the prices to me go down on this I'll make sure I pass that on to you guys as well.

later!

Steve

Sign me up for two pairs of 1/8 spacers. Just wondering, with the 1/8 spacers I don't need to get the longer studs?

wife and I were celebrating my birthday (today) yesterday... so I didn't get anything done... so I'm going to try to get this stuff all up on the website today and adjust my stocking order with the shop this afternoon. I'll definitely be working on it.. i'll post as soon as everythign is up.

Later!

Steve

Sign me up for two pairs of 1/8 spacers. Just wondering, with the 1/8 spacers I don't need to get the longer studs?

depends in part on your wheels... you'd have to measure.. you want at LEAST a half inch of threads in the lug nut... if you can get that with the 1/8" spacer on it.. then you should be "okay" I believe the general rule of thumb is you need at least 6 complete threads, which at 1.5mm spacing is 9mm or about .35 in... so go with the .5" that I recommend and you should be okay... but you'll want to keep an eye on the torque and so forth though for safety.

Products are up under "wheel and hub" under the protege section. Use disount code ForumRef to get 3% off to get to the prices quoted in the thread. I have not figured out package deal stuff yet... working on that still, and have to hear back from the shop once I have a good feel of how many of the requests in this thread are turning into orders so I can up quantities.

Thanks!

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back