What's the best colour in your honest opinion?

Best CX-5 color in your opinion?

• Total voters
Not usually a fan of blue cars either but the Deep Crystal Blue is really nice on the CX-5, looks classy. White for my 2nd vote with the contrasting black bits and and 19" wheels look great too. And also the other darker shade of silver/grey on my pre 2016 CX-5 :)

It was down to The gray or titanium. I was actually leaning toward titanium until the words 'poopy brown' started showing up in conversations between my wife and I.

I had a Meteor Grey 2014 GS, and was very happy with it. Then I saw the 2016.5 GT in Dark Crystal Blue, and loved it! The gray is safe, ubiquitous (I see a lot of them around here), and good for resale. The bright blue from 2014 was a bit too toy-like for me. I'm a graphic designer, so colour is very much a part of what I do. I've only had my GT for a couple weeks, and I've already had many compliments on the colour (and the new style 19" wheels).

It was down to The gray or titanium. I was actually leaning toward titanium until the words 'poopy brown' started showing up in conversations between my wife and I.

The titanium has the most character imho. Depending on the lighting yes you can see poopy brown along with deep olive (morning sun), grey (cloudy sky or under fluorescent lighting), black (dusk and night), and bronze (high noon).

http://images.gtcarlot.com/gtgallery/106192894-640.jpg
http://buyersguide.carsoup.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/CX-5-SIDE.jpg

https://s3-media4.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/ekJdK0Yo-rA0B7LNm4chqg/o.jpg
http://imganuncios.mitula.net/2016_...arkstown_pennsylvania_1200014465325789636.jpg

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8622/15994925583_5d8e1201ed_b.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l...d-8bc9-460c-9723-79fc1aedddda_zps30136afd.jpg

Last edited:
The CX5 is our go to Florida car so we went for white with tan interior. Nice and cool (temp wise) for the southern US area. Not my first choice but works well for our needs. I do like the ease of detailing the Pearl White paint. Does not get dusty looking as fast as the colors. The tan interior is not as bad as I thought it would have been. (Our kids are grown.)

I have often heavily questioned this, having owned White, Silver, Dark metallic grey, Black, and now the lighter blue from Mazda. They all heat up similar, in my opinion, living in Texas, Louisiana, and Arkansas. Has anyone actually placed a thermometer in identical vehicles on the same day and checked? I should have done this when I sold cars for Ford, but didn't ever get to it. I remember thinking to do it, but never did.

Of course all cars will heat up sitting in the summer sun. But its a scientific fact that black absords and holds more heat while white reflects it. I compromised and got silver. The black dash and steering wheel do get hot though, so I suggest using a sunshade under the windshield when parked.

Yes - darker colors do heat up more. We have a dark and a white vehicle and you really notice the difference. And, just put your hand on the hood of several colors of the same car at the dealership and you can tell a difference in white, lighter and darker colors.

Sky Blue Mica (discontinued)
I think the White is very nice as well, but my family members disagreed.
On other cars the dark silver color is quite nice, but Meteor Gray on a Mazda looks just gray ... I tried to look at it under direct sun / in the shade, still looks plain gray to me.

I love this color!
I would have pulled the trigger by now on a CX-5 if it was still available!
I believe they have it or something similar in the CX-3

I prefer white or black cars. My speed3 was black and a b**** to keep clean. My cx-5 is white and I love it. The meteor gray was tempting tho as was the deep crystal blue but my wife has a deep blue cx-9 and its a b**** to keep looking good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are married, the best color is the one your wife likes. I was partial to the light blue, she wanted Meteor Grey. Turns out she was right - it looks good on on the CX 5.

Lol. Alrighty. I don't live in the USA as you see my location and can tell you what.. black and white are the best sellers here. Resale values for red, blue, etc, are bad.

Yeah, we are kinda conservative when it comes to color and maybe I'm just chipped to prefer classic colors after all.

It's funny that I think most voted for blue because I stated that I hated it :p

Grey just doesn't look sharp enough on daytime though.

Gray was low on my list due to safety, Lower than black - I went with Deep Blue.
Felt it was a great choice.

Wife wanted Soul Red initially but also wanted moon roof. Can't we add moon roof only? Nope so i gave her then $1100 Audio + Moon roof package and got the dark blue in bargain.
Hoping to get DRLs for looks and some good stand out feature in overcast weather.

We went in to the dealer wanting the Titainum Mica flash, but after seeing it in certain light it looked great, but you could see the dust and dirt so much, then we looked at the pearl white, but that's an extra 200.00. So we went with Sonic Silver. This did not show the dirt, in some light it looks white, in other angles the blue sky reflected off it and gave it a blue silver look.. So we got the Sonic Silver... So that's our vote..

I freakin' love the red color on the CX-5 and the new CX-3's. We ended up with the white metallic on our 5, nice to see it's in the top 3. :)

Last edited:
I feel Mazdas problem is matching interior colors to external colors. I want a light colored interior here in FL, so my exterior choice was very limited in 2014. For some unknown reason MAZDAs black interior seems depressing as it appears to be ALL black without much in the way of highlights. Ed

I feel Mazdas problem is matching interior colors to external colors. I want a light colored interior here in FL, so my exterior choice was very limited in 2014. For some unknown reason MAZDAs black interior seems depressing as it appears to be ALL black without much in the way of highlights. Ed
+1!

I prefer - Sand, then black then Grey.
So i went with Sand. Surprisingly lot of Grey exterior lovers. Thats not a very safe color imho.

I'll stick with Soul Red - when '14 got traded due to hail damage, new '16 had to be same color. Looks awesome with darker wheels. Only incongruity I noticed the other day is the silver colored roof rails. Maybe I'll get them blackened someday.

or get something like these to offset them?

s-l1000.jpg

Back