What have you done to your P5 today?

im gonna run the ms3 rims again soon. going with 215/40/18s see how that works. ran them before wiht 215/35/18 tires lets see big the diff is if any

relocated plate need to still fix it a bit tho lol and gave her a wash.

553982_10150667102736034_505456033_9907061_392482867_n.jpg

replaced my wipers with some I had for the fiance's focus that we traded in last fall. They are a little longer (just under an inch) which works great for the driver's side, the passenger side however doesn't make contact and the bottom of the windshield

rolled 100k miles at some point today wasn't really paying attention

I just ordered a silver RockyMounts TieRod bike rack for my P5 for $107 on Amazon! Time to sell my Thule setup!

The RockyMount doesn't fit the way I want :( The fork skewer sits two inches behind the front crossbar, which means it seriously interferes with the hatch opening, and cutting the tray isn't a solution because from the skewer to the end of the tray is only 46." So I'll be getting my hands on a Yakima ForkLift after all then...

Hey guys,

Been searching for a little bit to find out the actual length of the Lateral Link bars from centre hole to centre hole!!

If anyone has a set laying around, can you kindly measure these? A mate that has a BA Astina over here in Aus has realised that the stock lateral link bars have the same bushes and are shorter than the protege ones, which means any protege owner (if you can track down a 94-98 Astina/323F) can install these and possibly achieve around 25mm room, so you can fit a wider wheel etc (basically what you would achieve with the megan or AAC link kit, just no adjustability).

Cheers
Marc

Finally got some stuff for the car, got the driver side control arm. probably put that together next week. Other than that probably get my oil changed.

also some other stuff but I wont discuss that here. =)

The RockyMount doesn't fit the way I want :( The fork skewer sits two inches behind the front crossbar, which means it seriously interferes with the hatch opening, and cutting the tray isn't a solution because from the skewer to the end of the tray is only 46." So I'll be getting my hands on a Yakima ForkLift after all then...

i was so not a fan of the stock rack with my bike trays. i had yakima cobras and they had to be run backwards. I bet something like a thule side arm will fit your application. I love having gone with a hitch rack. costs a bit but its so worth having.

in other news, the CT DMV deposited my check for my vanity plates :D

Had the day off work yesterday. Got a lot of running/errands done including picking up two brand new coil packs for $64 out the door and putting those bad boys on. One of mine was starting to go out and was causing a misfire on one cylinder. Runs great now!

Contemplating my Suspension, wheel, tire setup. I am on used Megan Racing Springs and my rear struts are used Monroe Struts. They ride better than my stocks, but I think the driver-side rear strut may be a little weak since it doesn't handle weight as well as the passenger side. When I put over 50lbs in the rear or more the driver side will start tucking tire. With the stock 16x6 +50 wheels, I will occasionally have some rubbing issues when I turn right. The wheels I want are 17x7 +42. Although the offset it lower, the wheels are wide and 9/10 of the added inch are on the outside of the wheel. Would it be possible to run these wheels with a tire stretch? The rubbing issue is only when I have the added weight and I'm turning causing that side to go lower. I can always replace the strut if that's what's causing the sagging, but I would like to make those wheels fit.

I am planning on rolling my rear fenders very soon. I found a few people that will do it for $25 a fender and I hope this will fix all issues. This is my first experience with lowering, wheels, tires, fitment. What do you experiences P5 fitment people think?

ibhWRsiTKo5PFf.jpg

Back