What have you done to your P5 today?

Yanked the Factory tiny Sway Bar off (much bigger going in later)and The remainder of the Stock Exhaust tonight.

Makin' progress! I've got a rear hatch trim piece mod that I know you'll be interested in (and you'll be able to do yourself).

I finally washed inside the wheel well today. I think that I'm gonna take off the wheels and polish the inside one of these days. Took a couple of new pics too :D

IMAG0024.jpg

Noice! (2thumbs) Makes me miss my DG front lip ... except that I used to scr8pe it everytime I drove my P5 ...

hey i got a random question, how do i get the rear hatch trim/plastic piece off?
i saw what Bala said about a mod and it reminded me that i looked at it one day and i had no idea how to get it off

because i wanted to take off my latch cover and paint it flat black instead of getting a DG CF cover for it, but i couldnt get to it because of that piece

any input would be great!!

hey i got a random question, how do i get the rear hatch trim/plastic piece off?
i saw what Bala said about a mod and it reminded me that i looked at it one day and i had no idea how to get it off

because i wanted to take off my latch cover and paint it flat black instead of getting a DG CF cover for it, but i couldnt get to it because of that piece

any input would be great!!

You have to take the inner hatch trim off. There are a couple bolts you can access from the outside and a very well hidden screw holding the left side of the piece on, only accessible from the inside.

Shifter from Free Parts Thread showed today and got it put on wife's shifttragic

Attachments

• Callie'sshifter.jpg
    Callie'sshifter.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 161
His is a 5spd though I think and that's what matters anyway!

Boss took everyone out to Hooters today and he has a week old 08 Yellow ZO6. Let me just start by saying I didn't beat him at all but anyway this was in a privately owned opened road and I knew I couldn't keep from giving it a try. Next week will be a different story with my cutout, slightly upped boost and 450lbs less in the car without 2 passengers! 60-120 he had about maybe 2 cars but I was shocked I held on as long as I did!

Last edited:
^Good, 'cause you know auto fails lol. (dunno)(freak)
You have to take the inner hatch trim off. There are a couple bolts you can access from the outside and a very well hidden screw holding the left side of the piece on, only accessible from the inside.

Would you have any pointers on how to take the inner trim off?

<------Cussed at my car and Scratche dmy head a lot trying to figure out how in the HELL to get the front sway bar out?
(scratch)

<------Cussed at my car and Scratche dmy head a lot trying to figure out how in the HELL to get the front sway bar out?
(scratch)

ah that's a fun job. From memory, you'll need to take off the transverse brace, remove all the bolts (3 or 4 per side), then back down the 2 nuts that hold the subframe on to the 2 'spikes' on the sides of the chassis. Once you have those as loose as they'll get without coming off, with the aid of a sizeable prybar, you can pry on the subframe and work the sway bar out.

Oh, and you have to undo the 2 brackets (1 bolt & 1 nut IIRC).

Yeah... took us about 4.5 hours with 2 of us working, give or take.

I know..I have two posts up on this damn thing..all to add a little sway bar......Sheesh.

GLad my motor is out..or this might be hell.

I just got done with taking a drill with a steel brush attachment to as much of the engine of the car as possible without tearing up the various hoses and wires that are there. I also sanded off the "mazda" and "16 valve" or whatever it is. also took out eat bolt individually and took the steel brush to them.

I also installed the new intake which is what seems like powdercoated red. The intake is very very nice and I can't really say one bad thing about it. Perfect fitment with no rubbing anywhere. I mean it does come with the basic bad filter but I already had the K&N so it wasn't a problem. I am tired as hell now though so I'm going to bed.

Pics to come tomorrow or sometime soon.

+1 on any tips on how to get the inner hatch trim off

on the sedans its super easy, it took my brother literally 10 minutes to take it off and put it back on,
im going to take a hard look at it tomorrow morning

Just bought a rear bumper gaurd, not sure which car it's going on yet, new little black caps to cover my bolts at the windshield, and an OEM foglight switch to control my gauges backlights instead of the rocker switch in the blank.

Anybody got the wiring diagram of the OEM switch/plug? I'd much appreciate it!!

hey. did you get this from the dealership. these guys here are idiots when i went to ask about it? is there a part # for the covers?

Back