What have you done to your P5 today?

PIAA Plasma Ion Fogs FTW!! Don't cheap out and buy the Ebay bulbs. PIAA is worth the money!! Running them in my car and Ebay brand yellow fogs in the wife's car.

PIAA pwns!!

ANyways, installed an Injen CAI with K&N filter on the end of it. Gonna work it into an SRI cause me no likey how low the filter sits

Also, OBX header should be arriving today.

And, installed my amp and sub over the weekend. 10" sub pwns stock spare tire sub

I already have PIAA 40 series fogs installed, so I will end up putting PIAA bulbs when i convert to yellow.

headed to Miami Sat morning to possibly buy a Protege5 for the sister.

She's flippin out that she might have "Her Car" this Saturday!! It's a black 02.5 with the 6disc changer, sunroof, sucktronic shifter, and sunroof.

17924ea1a0_355.jpg

So, I'll probably be pulling her bumper to blackout the lights Saturday night. lol

headed to Miami Sat morning to possibly buy a Protege5 for the sister.

She's flippin out that she might have "Her Car" this Saturday!! It's a black 02.5 with the 6disc changer, sunroof, sucktronic shifter, and sunroof.

17924ea1a0_355.jpg

So, I'll probably be pulling her bumper to blackout the lights Saturday night. lol

2 sunroofs FTW!

Took the weathertech stickers off of the deflectors. So much cleaner looking now.

werd! Dual sunroofs, aka rust spots! lol

I am seriously screwing up alot on my words and stuff recently

Lastnight I attempted to install the header. Got everything on the top end loose and free. Working on a freshly parked hot motor, while is very hot, is SUPER easy!! All the bolts that wouldn't budge when it was cold came off like butter.

Dropped below the car and nothing would budge. Not the second 02 sensor or either of the spring bolts. Not move at all. So, I hit it with PB blaster lastnight and just now after iparked it at work. PB blaster steam stinks.

Anyways, gonna be hitting the 02 sensor and spring bolts throughout the day keeping em soaked.

Try again tonight.

And convert the Injen CAI into a SRI while I am at it.

Lastnight I attempted to install the header. Got everything on the top end loose and free. Working on a freshly parked hot motor, while is very hot, is SUPER easy!! All the bolts that wouldn't budge when it was cold came off like butter.

You're lucky it didn't shear off like butter. That's why you never change tires when the wheels are hot, because you stand a very good chance of shearing a stud. Metal gets soft and 'stretchy' when hot, which tends to do bad things on threaded parts.

Just waiting for the wind to stop and the sun to come out so I can clean the salt off the carpets and mats. Aside from the snow tires/rims and the pepsi can ashtray, this'll be my biggest mod in seven years. ;)

Cleaned out a bit of the interior, and then shined the steering wheel, pedals, vinyl parts of the door, and the center.

Before:
IMG_2019.jpg

After:
IMG_2020.jpg

Almost completed driver's area:
IMG_2024.jpg

If you look closely you can see that the passenger area is still filthy. Good thing tomorrow is Saturday.

You're lucky it didn't shear off like butter. That's why you never change tires when the wheels are hot, because you stand a very good chance of shearing a stud. Metal gets soft and 'stretchy' when hot, which tends to do bad things on threaded parts.

Couldnt of said it better...Be careful with that kind of stuff man

Couldnt of said it better...Be careful with that kind of stuff man

In addition, never change spark plugs on a hot engine. With aluminum heads, if you pull them out hot and don't immediately replace them, you stand a chance of not only shearing something removing it hot, but also the head can warp a little, just enough to let you not get the plugs back in.

Also, I got the team Pro5 stickers put on there finally. Oh and sorry for the dirtiness. College = no time to take care of the car. :(

Painted my stockers white a few days ago, now took off the mp3's and put back on the stockers! feels good not to have 231232 pound rims on the car anymore

its cleaner than mine! i hit 100k miles :D I didn't realize it until I filled up the gas tank and reset the tripometers.

Cleaned out a bit of the interior, and then shined the steering wheel, pedals, vinyl parts of the door, and the center.

Nice. Looks quite familiar. :D

I used a toothpick to get out the rest of the stubborn dirt in the brake and gas pedals.

Nice. Looks quite familiar. :D

I used a toothpick to get out the rest of the stubborn dirt in the brake and gas pedals.

Yea, I used a sharp edge to do that as well. The biggest pain is going to be getting all the crumbs out of inside the crack between the shifter knob area and the rest of the centre console. Any ideas of how I can just completely remove that for cleaning purposes?

This is all still cleaning up after the previous owner, only got to it now because the weather is finally getting nicer.

If anybody knows of good products to shine/clean the vinyl parts from coffee spills/wear please let me know. Also, if you could let me know about how to take apart some of the interior parts for easier cleaning let me know as well (nothing TOO major).

The biggest pain is going to be getting all the crumbs out of inside the crack between the shifter knob area and the rest of the centre console. Any ideas of how I can just completely remove that for cleaning purposes?

No idea how to remove it, but to get in those little cracks I pick lightly with a bunch of wet toothpicks.

Back