What have you done to your P5 today?

My daughter christened P5 as Nezuko form the anime Demon Slayer. I obliged.
20210203_150148.jpg
20210203_145903.jpg

Manual swap! No balls! :LOL:
kidding of course, it's your whip and you do with it what you want
i like having both manual and auto......and the balls are in the motor not the gearbox.......it'll bang up against the speed limiter with ease.....no clutch necessary. Don't need to be rollin around at 120 anyway so i've been makin due with the slapstick and happy widdit for 16 yrs now. jan 2004 scored it new. diggin it as much or more now. been great ride.

i like having both manual and auto......and the balls are in the motor not the gearbox.......it'll bang up against the speed limiter with ease.....no clutch necessary. Don't need to be rollin around at 120 anyway so i've been makin due with the slapstick and happy widdit for 16 yrs now. jan 2004 scored it new. diggin it as much or more now. been great ride.
only car I ever bought new, I think it was Nov/Dec 2003. I tell my kids that it's my first-born.

Reactions: 323
only car I ever bought new, I think it was Nov/Dec 2003. I tell my kids that it's my first-born.
Theres a P5 with 85k miles and 1 owner near me for $3000 bucks, I'm tempted to go grab it, specially since mine just let the clutch go.

Theres a P5 with 85k miles and 1 owner near me for $3000 bucks, I'm tempted to go grab it, specially since mine just let the clutch go.
WOW that sounds like a really good deal, at least for what I usually see in my area. I'd be concerned that there's something the seller might be trying to hide. That, or they just don't know what it's worth.

Edit: Now that I think about it, most "enthusiasts" would probably overvalue their car brand/model. $3k seems to be on the very low end for a car of that condition, but not totally ridiculous at all.

WOW that sounds like a really good deal, at least for what I usually see in my area. I'd be concerned that there's something the seller might be trying to hide. That, or they just don't know what it's worth.

Edit: Now that I think about it, most "enthusiasts" would probably overvalue their car brand/model. $3k seems to be on the very low end for a car of that condition, but not totally ridiculous at all.
Welp, the car is too far for me to be able to go grab, but I found a Mazdaspeed Protege on FB Market for $2600, so I'm gonna go see that

Here's the link to the 88k, 1 owner P5 if anybody wants to go grab it, I'd love to see it in the forum: https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inven...stings.action?pid=sl_navbar#listing=293041641

Dentless Thursday. Tried to takeout the dent on the bumper and quarter panel. It's harder than it looks compared to Youtube!

View attachment 294906View attachment 294907View attachment 294908View attachment 294909
Man, I'd attempt the rust repair on my fender, but I know myself, and I know I'll see clean metal and think "good enough" and that will just cause the rust to come back like a cancer and come back even worse, so nah. Until I have 2-3k to put in at a good body shop to get that fixed then send it to Maaco for a repaint, I'm not touching it.

Cover it with grease, and spray it down with oil for the time being.

It won't rot nearly as fast.

The rust club.

Update on the status of disrepair of my Footmobile (that's what I've named my P5): Clutch let go yesterday, luckily I managed to limp it home before it started slipping. Ordered a new clutch kit from AMS and it's shipped today, gonna have my local shop put it in. I'm kinda concerned because I can get it in and out of gears easily without pressing the clutch while it's on, but it's not slipping, so I'm hoping I didn't shatter any gears/blow my transmission to Chattahoochee. Hopefully they'll let me help, although I don't know which way a wrench turns! :p

Attachments

• order.jpg
    order.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 115
Ordered a new clutch kit from AMS and it's shipped today,
I noticed you bought new clutch slave and master cylinders.

I remember a lot of guys had problems with aftermarket slave and master cylinders.
They wouldn't last and a lot of people had to pay the big bucks and buy the OEM version to fix the problem.
One guy was trying to find rebuild kits for them to avoid the aftermarket stuff.

I noticed you bought new clutch slave and master cylinders.

I remember a lot of guys had problems with aftermarket slave and master cylinders.
They wouldn't last and a lot of people had to pay the big bucks and buy the OEM version to fix the problem.
One guy was trying to find rebuild kits for them to avoid the aftermarket stuff.
Is there any way I can get new OEM master and slave cylinders then? Any part #s that are still being made today by Mazda or whoever makes them?

Back